Jedi Academy - Dynamic Glow?

What is this option suposed to do in JA? I do not see any difference to my lighstaber when it is turned on or off. I tried to play with settings like r_dynamicglowintensity etc but saber looks exactly the same reardles of value i put. Does itg mean that that option just does not work depsite being turn on? What kind of difference in apperance should it make?  Adding a screenshot from my game - are You able to tell if this option works here? 

2Jr7O80.jpeg

5 hours ago, Circa said:

According to your screenshot, dynamic glow is disabled in the settings. It says so in the console.

Keep in mind older integrated graphics don't support dynamic glow.

How it should look on lightsaber. I browsed throu some screens and vids and cannot see anything different about lighsabers balde there

EDIT:

5 hours ago, Circa said:

Keep in mind older integrated graphics don't support dynamic glow.

I play on Intel HD 4000 - not so old ut I guess the fact that it is intel may be the problem regardles the card being much newer than the game itself? The game allows to turn on the Dynamic Glow option and it shows r_dynamicglow set to 1 in console but nothing changes and each time i restart game or do vid reset the dynamic glow option sets automativaly back to off.

3 hours ago, ancanar said:

How it should look on lightsaber. I browsed throu some screens and vids and cannot see anything different about lighsabers balde there

EDIT:

I play on Intel HD 4000 - not so old ut I guess the fact that it is intel may be the problem regardles the card being much newer than the game itself? The game allows to turn on the Dynamic Glow option and it shows r_dynamicglow set to 1 in console but nothing changes and each time i restart game or do vid reset the dynamic glow option sets automativaly back to off.

This is what it should look like. It makes the glow bigger and more full.

dglo.jpg

ancanar likes this

Thank You. Maybe it is just the fact that I have damned intel card... I'll try updating drivers though but judging from the screen it is something man can live without 😛 BTW - I guess this effect was absent in Jedi Outcast, right?

• 2 months later...