Any way to improve shooting in Jedi Outcast?

Been playing some Jedi Outcast again and yeah, I still remember how rough it is to try and shoot guys on the move with the blasters in this game. Peeking around a corner like a tactical shooter and picking off enemies with the Bryar Pistol works for most of the earlier levels, but the sections where I have to fight a bunch of Stormtroopers with blasters is pretty rough. Has there been any mods that improve this? I remember I asked about this years ago but to no avail. Really it's the guys on the move which are the most difficult part, since when they stand still, of course they're much easier to hit. But the fact that they move around a lot, and as soon as they do get hit even once, they often start running around again makes it really difficult to land follow up shots.

So a few suggestions that I think might make shooting easier:

1. Change enemy AI to make them move around less, so there's less need to shoot at moving targets who can stop or change directions on a dime, making leading hits difficult. Even changing movement speed to be slower may help with hitting targets.

2. Change hitboxes so you don't need as precise aim to land hits, since this game also seems to use per-pixel hit detection which means a lot of shots I fire just barely miss.

3. Increase weapon damage so I don't have to land as many shots to kill. Mostly just want to increase Bryar Pistol damage since even the full powered charge on Jedi Knight difficulty sometimes fails to kill a Stormtrooper in one hit unless it's the head or upper torso. Maybe making even a partial charge able to kill a Stormtrooper anywhere would help. Could even increase the E-11 fire rate, but that would affect enemy behavior too, I imagine.

4. Finally, possibly increasing ammo pickup amounts may help. The weapon mod I'm using actually bumped the total ammo reserve from 300 to 500 (more akin to Jedi Knight 1), but I do still sometimes have ammo issues in the big prison battle shooting the E-11 in full auto to try and shoot enemies running around. May even be possible to mod the E-11 to use less ammo, but I'm not sure how that'd imbalance it so ammo pickups may be better.

Of course, any gameplay tips would also be nice. If I can increase my skill without modding the game, would also help.

Most people complain about these games being too easy, so this is kind of a rare request. If you're playing on Jedi Knight difficulty and wanting it easier, no shame in lowering that.

No mods do what you want that I know of. Part of the charm of these games is the older gun play, so nobody has really looked into changing it, at least not for the base game. Gunslinger's Academy changed a lot of gun mechanics, and I believe JKGalaxies does as well but those are for Academy and are conversion mods so don't really apply here.

3 hours ago, Circa said:

Most people complain about these games being too easy, so this is kind of a rare request. If you're playing on Jedi Knight difficulty and wanting it easier, no shame in lowering that.

No mods do what you want that I know of. Part of the charm of these games is the older gun play, so nobody has really looked into changing it, at least not for the base game. Gunslinger's Academy changed a lot of gun mechanics, and I believe JKGalaxies does as well but those are for Academy and are conversion mods so don't really apply here.

The lightsaber combat sections are all pretty easy even on Jedi Knight difficulty, so it's mainly the first sections of the game where this applies. And even the shooting sections aren't difficult in the sense that I die all the time. Instead, constantly missing my shots or everything degenerating into wild spraying just isn't as fun as actually hitting my targets quickly and efficiently. I end up using ammo that I probably don't necessarily need to, and I often like to play games not taking a single hit. Easy to do with the lightsaber since I can deflect all incoming damage, but tricker to do with gunplay just trying to dodge all the attacks.

28 minutes ago, Citrom said:

Have you considering using a mouse when playing the game?

I do, I just still can't hit shit easily. lol

Bad guys run around too much, so my accuracy is very poor and ammo usage is high. Though the 500 reserve ammo mod does help.

3 hours ago, Darth Aesthetica said:

Try...

a : More practice

b : Area effect weapons

c : Both of the above

Tried both. Thermal detonators are great, but you have limited supply. I am practicing, but it still feels inconsistent, especially trying to hit targets moving perpendicularly. Sometimes my shots land and I'm able to kill the Stormtrooper very quickly, other times all the shots miss and I waste a ton of ammo. It's the lack of consistency which feels off. It's not difficult. There's plenty of health and shield charge pickups so I usually don't die, but making the shooting more consistent would make the gunplay feel nicer.