NPCs failing to spawn in game

I know that a single broken shader can break all following shaders as well. Maybe that's also the case for NPCs? One broken NPC in turn breaks others? Try removing mods to find out which one is causing it, then share that one here and we can have a look at why it's broken.

From what I remember having too many NPC files can cause this, though I think mrwonko may be right. Usually having too many npc files crashes the game and returns to the main menu with the "npc file is too large" error code, which from the description doesn't seem to be the case.

I believe it turns out I have too many NPC mods in my base folder, however I have managed to fix the tusken raiders by downloading a reskin pack for them. Now the only NPCs that will not spawn are weequay and trandoshan.  I admit I went a little nuts getting into the mods since this is is my first time getting to play with them, but they are mostly just npc mods and player models. I don't really get why they would be causing so many problems but they are and there's not much I can do about it besides run the game without any mods.  For example, certain levels require you to eliminate all enemies before proceeding and or an enemy might have a key card you need in order to proceed and when the game doesn't spawn them I'm pretty much screwed. I've been working around it and finding ways to cheat the system and make it work how I want to but it's just annoying. 

Why do you need so many NPC mods if you're just playing through the SP missions? Are you actually spawning them as you go along? It is best to avoid adding additional NPCs unless you plan on actually using them while playing SP for this reason. Otherwise just open up the PK3 files with Pakscape and delete the mod's NPC files that you don't plan on using.

19 hours ago, Circa said:

Why do you need so many NPC mods if you're just playing through the SP missions? Are you actually spawning them as you go along? It is best to avoid adding additional NPCs unless you plan on actually using them while playing SP for this reason. Otherwise just open up the PK3 files with Pakscape and delete the mod's NPC files that you don't plan on using.

So what I'm doing is playing single player in a sort of custom way. Single player is fun and all but in most cases there just aren't enough enemies for me to enjoy it. What I do is map out the level and go through it and get all the checkpoints and key cards I may need so that I can finish the level then I go back to the beginning and delete all the NPCs in the level. Then I go back through and spawn my own NPCs and enemies from my mod list so that I have a somewhat different single player experience fighting certain characters and enemies that I want to fight.

• 1 month later...

This simply too many npc's. It's a classic JK SP limitation, usually the first sign that you have too many is the message  'cannot spawn npc weequay' in SP mode in the console during the Mos Eisley Smuggler mission.

It's why I put npc's in a separate pk3 file so you can leave out the ones you don't want.