NPCs not spawning

3 hours ago, mrwonko said:

I don't understand the difference between spawning and showing up. Can you elaborate?

Also, what's an example of a mod that exhibits this behaviour?

I downloaded a mod for Alien and I can play as one in multiplayer but whenever I try to spawn it in single player it says it doesn't exist 

It probably means it doesn't exist, then. Not all player models come with additional .npc files, which is what allows them to be spawned in-game. There's also the possibility that the related .npc files are there, and the name you used to spawn them is incorrect.

9 hours ago, Ramikad said:

It probably means it doesn't exist, then. Not all player models come with additional .npc files, which is what allows them to be spawned in-game. There's also the possibility that the related .npc files are there, and the name you used to spawn them is incorrect.

Nope don't think so. You can look it up yourself there's only two Alien mods on this website both of which clearly state you can spawn an NPC. It's pretty cut and dry and straightforward pretty sure I haven't been misspelling Alien. I can play as them in multiplayer and even add bots of them but I cannot spawn them in single player it says "error couldn't find alien"

This one?

Not sure what the problem is, but works just fine for me. Are you sure you unpacked the .pk3 file itself in the Base folder, and not the "alien npc" folder? I honestly can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't work - the .npc file itself has no errors at all.

Just tried the original one as well, it seems to work just fine too, both separately and together. I'm out of ideas.

1 hour ago, Ramikad said:

This one?

Not sure what the problem is, but works just fine for me. Are you sure you unpacked the .pk3 file itself in the Base folder, and not the "alien npc" folder? I honestly can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't work - the .npc file itself has no errors at all.

Just tried the original one as well, it seems to work just fine too, both separately and together. I'm out of ideas.

Yeah that's the one. Yeah I have all the pk3 files in my base folder. The aliens only appear in multiplayer.