2FA is now an option on JKHub, and Jedi Outcast turns 21

Circa

Two factor authentication on JKHub 🔒
Just a quick little update here for you guys. Due to a lot of security breaches and hacks that have been going on around the internet over the last year or so, and an uptick in spam posts recently, we've enabled two-factor authentication as an option for all accounts, and a requirement for all staff accounts. This won't necessarily fix the spam problem, but hopefully it allows users a little more security if they desire it.

If you aren't familiar with two factor authentication (also known as 2FA), or multi-factor authentication, it basically enables you to use a second method for confirming that it is you that signs in, by using another device or account that you have approved to use as an authentication method. Typically this is through an SMS or an authenticator app. The method we have enabled is the latter, authentication apps such as Google Authenticator (Android | iOS)and Authy (Android | iOS). Chances are you're using one of those apps already, so this should be easy for you. If you haven't and want to learn, check out this link for a quick explainer on that.

Visit the link below to enable 2FA on your JKHub account.

Account Security Settings

Jedi Outcast turns 21! 🎂
In other news, this month marked the 21st birthday of Jedi Outcast, which isn't as exciting as the 20th, but in the States JK2 is old enough to legally drink, so raise a pint! 🍻 If you weren't around for the 20th anniversary last March, or you haven't gotten around to watching it yet or just live under a rock, last year I had the privilege of talking with a handful of the developers that were at Raven Software at the time and helped make Jedi Outcast.

The full interview was about 2 hours long, but if you want just a little taste of it, I do have a short little clip on my main YouTube channel below that's about 15 minutes if you want to just hear a bit to decide if you want to hear the full thing. It was really cool getting to hear them just reminisce about that time and see their passion for making that game. I plan on doing it again later this year for Jedi Academy too, fingers crossed, so subscribe to the channel or keep an eye here around August/September as we get closer to the actual 20th anniversary for Jedi Academy.

Full Interview Video Here

Ideas for Jedi Academy Anniversary💡

Speaking of Jedi Academy, if you guys have any ideas for ways to celebrate the 20th anniversary that are feasible to do, let me know. Is there a specific kind of contest you want to see? Is there any interest in some kind of server meet up or event someone has in mind to help with? There's only so much I can do on my own, so any help or ideas would be welcome. Leave in the comments below or contact me directly.

View full article

Smoo and Asulynn like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...