Jedi Academy Enhanced won't run

Hello everyone, I'm having trouble with getting Jedi Academy Enhanced to launch on my android phone under the jk3 touch amazon app. I have followed every step accordingly and it will not launch, however the multiplayer will launch from the Jedi academy multiplayer mod menu. Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

I have gone through great and desperate lengths to play this mod. I have followed every step and every tutorial I can find on the internet to make it work and nothing has worked. Jedi academy is 20 years old and this mode is like a decade old. I know it's not my computer's capabilities, I have a fairly new computer and windows 10.

I'm being told that my laptops graphics card is incapable of running Jedi Academy enhanced and that I need to have anything with GeForce or Nvidia graphics cards to run this game is this true?

• Lancelot changed the title to Jedi Academy Enhanced won't run
1 minute ago, Lancelot said:

Like Circa said, Jedi Academy Enhanced is not compatible with Android.

I've come to terms with that, however now I'm unable to even run it on my computer. I'm being told that I need to have a GeForce, Nvidia, RTX, or GTX graphics card to run this mod and I'm currently trying to find out if that's the case.

5 minutes ago, CoryTrash said:

I'm being told that I need to have a GeForce, Nvidia, RTX, or GTX graphics card to run this mod and I'm currently trying to find out if that's the case.

Only if you want to make use of the better renderer and nicer graphics. But if the graphics don't matter to you that much, the graphics card you're currently having will do.

5 hours ago, CoryTrash said:

I have gone through great and desperate lengths to play this mod. I have followed every step and every tutorial I can find on the internet to make it work and nothing has worked. Jedi academy is 20 years old and this mode is like a decade old. I know it's not my computer's capabilities, I have a fairly new computer and windows 10.

I'm being told that my laptops graphics card is incapable of running Jedi Academy enhanced and that I need to have anything with GeForce or Nvidia graphics cards to run this game is this true?

Which version of Jedi Academy are you using? Steam, GOG or the disc version? And please tell us what the exact problem is, because only with a good explanation can we help. After all, we can't just look into your PC and fix that problem for you.

I'm using the steam version. It looks like someone deleted my previous comment with the error code. My computer is currently in a shop and they're going to try to get it to run for me. If they can't figure it out I'll let you know what the error code is when I get it back tomorrow. I've followed all the steps on the mod page and done everything right to my knowledge. 

11 hours ago, CoryTrash said:

My computer is currently in a shop and they're going to try to get it to run for me.

You really took your PC to a computer shop to let them fix a problem for a mod they aren't even responsible for? You really shouldn't have done that. If you have questions about a mod, it's always better to ask the community. Now get your PC back.

30 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

You really took your PC to a computer shop to let them fix a problem for a mod they aren't even responsible for? You really shouldn't have done that. If you have questions about a mod, it's always better to ask the community. Now get your PC back.

Look man, I've been trying to get this game to work for 2 weeks now. I've gone down a literal rabbit hole and found next to no results or help of any kind. I've been crying about it on this website and I'm well aware of how old all this stuff is so I don't expect immediate or extra helpful advice. All I know is my computer will not launch the mod and is throwing an error code. I don't know a lot about computers but I know enough and I have followed every step I can find on this matter to make this game work. So far I'm being told that I need to have a gaming graphics card to run this game and I don't believe that's true. As soon as I get more info I'll update you and if you can help me in any way I will be eternally grateful. I just want to play this mod and I'm having to jump through hoops for it but it's worth the effort for me.

6 hours ago, Lancelot said:

As for the error message, was it "Requested feature was omitted at compile time"? This usually an issue with custom textures that are not converted properly. Have you made custom textures? Or do you have a mpd that contains them?

I have done absolutely nothing besides download the game from steam and download the mod here on jkhub and followed the provided steps and that's the error code it gave me

2 hours ago, redsaurus said:

Which steps have you followed?

Where have you installed JA enhanced (screenshots of folders if necessary)? Which other mods do you have installed?

How are you running JA enhanced?

I followed the steps provided here on jk hub where I downloaded the mod. I installed ja enhanced and extracted it to the game data folder from my steam folder. 

It’s not very clear what exact steps you’ve followed or how you’re actually running the game. If you give clear steps you’ve followed when getting help then things will be much easier.

All I can guess is that you should be running it by launching the ja enhanced exe and not through steam. 

7 minutes ago, redsaurus said:

It’s not very clear what exact steps you’ve followed or how you’re actually running the game. If you give clear steps you’ve followed when getting help then things will be much easier.

All I can guess is that you should be running it by launching the ja enhanced exe and not through steam. 

I bought Jedi Academy from steam. I downloaded it and installed it on my computer running windows 10. I downloaded the Jedi Academy enhanced mod right here from jk hub. I extracted that to my game data folder for Jedi Academy in my steam folder. I downloaded open jk and installed it and extracted all the files to the game data folder. I downloaded visual c++2015 and installed it. When I launch Jedi Academy enhanced I get an error message that says "requested feature was omitted at compile time" and the game will not launch.

36 minutes ago, redsaurus said:

How exactly are you launching JA enhanced? Which .exe are you running?

You didn’t need to download OpenJK to run JA enhanced (but it shouldn’t be causing problems)

When I run Jedi Academy through steam and go to my setup menu and select mods it shows ja enhanced and when I click load mod I get an error code that says "requested feature was omitted at compile time"

15 minutes ago, redsaurus said:

You can’t launch it through Jedi academy in steam, you need to launch it using the included JA enhanced exe

I have that file but it's not in a launchable format. It's included with the apk files and all in the same folder inside my game data folder.

48 minutes ago, CoryTrash said:

I have that file but it's not in a launchable format. It's included with the apk files and all in the same folder inside my game data folder.

So, you have unpacked the contents from the apk files and tried to use them with the Steam version? No wonder it doesn't work.

This is the file you need. Download the Windows version and put the contents from the Windows 32bit folder in the GameData folder.

20 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

So, you have unpacked the contents from the apk files and tried to use them with the Steam version? No wonder it doesn't work.

This is the file you need. Download the Windows version and put the contents from the Windows 32bit folder in the GameData folder.

I will give this a try tho I believe I already did this. I'm not currently at home but I will be tomorrow and I'll let you know if this works. I do have one more question before I dig too much deeper into playing this mod. Is it playable with a controller? I tried to program my controller to Jedi Academy but it's not letting me look left and right with the right toggle stick. I was having to look into a mod for a controller. I am told you should be able to program a controller through steam. It's my first time ever using steam for anything so I haven't messed with it a lot yet but I'm just trying to confirm before I run into another struggle. Can Jedi Academy Enhanced be played with a controller?

There seems to be some confusion on all sides here. Your previous threads and comments all mentioned trying to get JAEnhanced to run on Android, which you got your answer for (its not compatible). This thread seems to be about the PC version now, but then you mentioned APK files which implies you're talking about Android again. APK files are Android apps, EXE files are Windows apps.

Follow the steps Lancelot mentioned, or if you need a visual guide, the video I made about installing OpenJK will apply to JAEnhanced as well.

As far as controller support goes, JAEnhanced does not include any additional controller support. For games like this it is recommended to add it as a non-Steam game in Steam and launch it in Big Picture mode and use Steam's controller configurations, you can look through the ones that other players have made public and try them out. Another option is to use something like Xpadder or reWASD to map anything to a controller.

Sorry you're running into so many problems, we're trying to help as best we can with the info provided.