JA Campaign Extension

The idea was to use modern AI voice generator to add some detailes to single player story, which is a bit poor in the original game.
The mod won't affect game balance or visuals in any way and should be compatible (hopefully) with popular mods.

Contains:
- 6 cutscenes between missions;
- dark ending cutscene extended;
- 1 new level;
- widescreen fix for original UI, not comprehensive although.

Widescren UI fix doesn't include weapon icons in HUD and sniper aiming. Also, I'll keep it in a separate pk3, so anybody may use it separately, in the vanilla game.

Link:

Don't pay attention to music, there are a lot of placeholders here:

Widescreen HUD and menus:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Everything is ready. Now I need to polish it and then separate mod files from the original files - this is gonna be painful.

On 3/24/2023 at 12:52 AM, NumberWan said:

This looks very promising. While it's impressive, that the new lines are added into the story, even though through a Voice generator, I can't ignore the coolest animations! That's absolutely fantastic.

Sometimes AI voice is really good. I generated every phrase for a few times and played with settings to get voice tone I wanted, and it worked. Sometimes - it's not so good. In average, it's better then in the first cutscene I did (video is in the first post).

So, I have pk3 files ready to distribute. Just need to

a. Contact remaining authors of mods I used in my mod
b. Wait for OpenJK update. Unfortunately, one important feature from my mod doesn't work on vanilla game (collectable datapads).

DarthValeria likes this