Problem porting GLM files into blender

Go to solution Solved by Ramikad,

Hi,

I'm brand new to the whole modding thing because as of recently, wanted to try and mod an already existing player skin for Moviebattles 2.

The skin i had in mind is already in the gamefiles luckily and has been extracted.

But when i want to import it into Blender, i'm faced with the message:

File not found! (no .gla?)

I've tried to implement the standard humanoid-skeleton.gla file from base jka in first (which gets imported without troubles), and throw the skin in next, but to no avail.

The skin itself is also humanoid and follows those "rules", i've also tried to import a few other humanoid skins but had no success.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong or if there's a step i'm forgetting?

Thanks!

Ps. i have the .gla and .glm blender plugin installed already.

• Solution

Make sure that you import the model from a folder with the correct hierarchies (models/players/<model>/model.glm, models/players/humanoid/humanoid.gla). Generally this solves it. Basically, the importer looks for the .gla based on the skeleton reference in the model itself, including the path.

Showersinging likes this

Also make sure your base path is correct. It doesn't have to be the game's base folder, but the folder that the models/players/_humanoid/ folder and your model's folder are in need to be in a folder called "base" and can be anywhere on your drive like the Desktop, and make sure to put that path in the Import window on the right side.

Showersinging likes this

That seems to have done the trick!

I mistakenly just put just the model.glm file of the char i intended to work on, and the humanoid.gla files into a separate folder, but not the entire pathways.

Plus that the skin (grogu) i want to work on has its files scattered around the MBII folders.

I've found everything and did it the right way, it's all in blender properly now.

Thank you all so much!! 😄

Ramikad and mrwonko like this