Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces 2 by Aurel Wedding

49 minutes ago, GPChannel said:

not DF2 accurate

Depends on which version you mean. Because the Kyle in the cutscenes looks vastly different than the one in the game itself.

And as far as I can see, this model is closer to the Kyle in the cutscenes. Anything else is artistic freedom. He's not supposed to be 101% accurate,

32 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

Depends on which version you mean. Because the Kyle in the cutscenes looks vastly different than the one in the game itself.

And as far as I can see, this model is closer to the Kyle in the cutscenes. Anything else is artistic freedom. He's not supposed to be 101% accurate,

i think this version is more like an Outcast like Kyle,but as i said its a very very nice model 

On 11/1/2022 at 8:07 PM, Circa said:

Is this a mod or meant for art only?

Both mod and art. Once everything is done and some decimated and baked versions are finished, they'll be available on the forums as well as these HD versions going into Ruppertle's DF2 mod.

14 hours ago, GPChannel said:

very nice model but not DF2 accurate,but the outfit color is right 

Yes,
The problem is that there are no less than four versions of Kyle Katarn from DF2. Part of this is due to the use of multiple costumes, game models being different to the live action cutscenes and even variation on the novel and concept artwork for him. We ended up going with something of a fusion of designs, with the belt from gameplay(and later JO/JKA) we added the strings he has after DF2 to the shirt since some depictions have him with them and some not, the holster angle is from DF2 cutscenes, but different from gameplay. He is using Rahn's saber, Yun's will also be an option and later we'll get his JO/JKA hilt finished. 

13 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Yes, unfortunately complete accuracy is somewhat impossible due to discrepancies in the source material as well as the severely limited full body shots in any sort of translatable quality for reference, so we went with a fusion.

DarthValeria and Lancelot like this