Help solve the problem with vertex normals

Go to solution Solved by Mizopolak,

I thought for a long time what the problem of my models is and still found the reason. these are normal vertexes. because of them, the model is cut into pieces by light. I searched the Internet for a long time how to fix it, but I couldn't find it. maybe you have encountered this problem, how did you solve it?

below will be screenshots with the essence of the problem

spacer.png

at one point there are two vectors that have different normal directions, which is why the light cuts the model

tell me how to fix it

spacer.png

here's how it looks in the game

Hmm, this one looks like a familiar issue. I'm not sure about NPC models, but I came across this in MD3 models. In 3dsMax I tried selecting all the vertexes and using option Weld (weld Selected 0,1), when the necessary part is turned into an Editable Mesh. I also used Smooth, though it works better if the previous method was used.

But I guess my method might not work in your case, as these seams are part of the dismemberment system where model Caps are also placed, when sliced by a lightsaber.

3 hours ago, mrwonko said:

Если вы используете дополнение Blender, убедитесь, что используете последнюю версию, версия на JKHub не обрабатывает нормали должным образом.

Если нормали уже выглядят так в вашем инструменте моделирования, вам нужно сначала исправить их там.

I used the latest version. the problem here is not that, but that at one point there are two vertexes with different directions of normals. because of what the light is processed differently. and I do not know how to make the vertex normals at one point look in the same direction

here the bug is precisely that the light is processed differently

unknown.png

Here's how it looks in a blender.

unknown.png
on other models, the vertex is normal, the joints look in one direction, which is why there are no seams in the light

I do not know how to make a normal direction in one direction on such a seam

• Solution

I found a way to fix this problem. of course it's a chore, but it's better than nothing.

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

you need to copy the data of the normal of one vector

and then insert the data into another vector after which the jackdaw disappears from the normals

here we see one normal ray instead of two

I'll finish it and show the result in the game

unknown.png?width=1006&height=676

here without a fix

unknown.png?width=1249&height=676

after the fix

Circa, NumberWan and inb4poof like this