Port bsp to any format what the UE can see

Hello Guys! I would like some help please! I would like to convert the Jka maps to UE 4 but i’m stucked.

What i tryed: In blender i could import .bsp with textures but when i exported to fbx and obj, but there no was any textures at all, and for some reason the map was 1 huge object. 

i converted the .bsp to .map and than to .obj but same thing happenned i still don’t have any textures, but i had many objects (so the converter worked fine just i still dont have textures.) 

My question is the next. How can i port JKA .bsp files to any 3d file whit textures? Can somebody help me to solve this issue please? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 10:12 AM, Frader said:

Hello Guys! I would like some help please! I would like to convert the Jka maps to UE 4 but i’m stucked.

What i tryed: In blender i could import .bsp with textures but when i exported to fbx and obj, but there no was any textures at all, and for some reason the map was 1 huge object. 

i converted the .bsp to .map and than to .obj but same thing happenned i still don’t have any textures, but i had many objects (so the converter worked fine just i still dont have textures.) 

My question is the next. How can i port JKA .bsp files to any 3d file whit textures? Can somebody help me to solve this issue please? 

I'm probably a little late to answer this but ah well.

Firstly, the map will always be one big object. Because the importer does not import brushes but draw surfaces. You would have to manually seperate everything in Blender if you wanted to start modifying it. Which to be fair, is not too hard.

Now, your first question is a little confusing so I'll assume what your saying is... You can import into Blender fine and the textures show in Blender fine but when you export as fbx or .obj and then load it into Unreal there are no textures correct? If so its because the .fbx will not store the textures so you would need to manually assign the textures in either Unreal or Blender I believe. I think if you do it in Blender you want to make sure they point to your Unreal Project Folder. 

You also said that the scale was not right. Well, your gonna need to work out the conversion yourself to match the scaling issue because your porting from one engine to another.

But I'm presuming your using the blender bsp import tool and stuff so I could be wrong.

It's doable for sure though.  (What your trying to achieve) just time consuming.

Teancum likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 11:25 AM, Bubbles said:

I'm probably a little late to answer this but ah well.

Firstly, the map will always be one big object. Because the importer does not import brushes but draw surfaces. You would have to manually seperate everything in Blender if you wanted to start modifying it. Which to be fair, is not too hard.

Now, your first question is a little confusing so I'll assume what your saying is... You can import into Blender fine and the textures show in Blender fine but when you export as fbx or .obj and then load it into Unreal there are no textures correct? If so its because the .fbx will not store the textures so you would need to manually assign the textures in either Unreal or Blender I believe. I think if you do it in Blender you want to make sure they point to your Unreal Project Folder. 

You also said that the scale was not right. Well, your gonna need to work out the conversion yourself to match the scaling issue because your porting from one engine to another.

But I'm presuming your using the blender bsp import tool and stuff so I could be wrong.

It's doable for sure though.  (What your trying to achieve) just time consuming.

I was actually searching for the https://studyclerk.com/thesis-writing-help site online because I need thesis writing help from professional essay writer and when I was searching for it online, I found your post as well.

Thanks, I will keep that thing in my mind.