Hello I need help with setting up the model

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

spacer.png 
I made a model, did rigging and was able to port the model to the game, but there was a problem with artifacts that are visible at light sources.

Do you know how to fix it?

spacer.png

there are no such artifacts in the program for viewing models.

I also wanted to find out how to make the alpha channel work and the eyelashes were not a monotonous texture, but only those areas that are marked with the alpha channel trembled. I seem to have configured the shaders correctly, but it still didn't work in the game.

models/players/new_char/resnici
{
    cull    twosided
    {
        map models/players/new_char/std_eyelash_diffuse
        alphaFunc GE128
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }
}

spacer.png

can you please tell me where I made a mistake and how to do it correctly?

there's a problem with the texture, and I have a problem with the lighting. each mesh is illuminated separately, which makes the model look cut. or is it because of the old version of the plugin? Will the model have to be redone?

also, the question of setting up the alpha channel is still open. I kind of read the manual but still didn't understand how it works

• Solution
27 minutes ago, Mizopolak said:

there's a problem with the texture, and I have a problem with the lighting. each mesh is illuminated separately, which makes the model look cut. or is it because of the old version of the plugin? Will the model have to be redone?

also, the question of setting up the alpha channel is still open. I kind of read the manual but still didn't understand how it works

If you're using an old version of the plugin, then yes. The link to the most recent version is in that thread I linked.

For the alpha channel shader, it should look like this I believe (path to texture is placeholder):

models/players/person/texture_alpha
{
    cull    disable
    {
        map models/players/person/texture_alpha
        alphaFunc GE128
        blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
        depthWrite
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }
}

Mizopolak likes this