How do I spawn the player into a custom map with attributes equipped?

Sorry for this basic question. 

I just want to set the spawn parameters of the player when he spawns into a single player map. 

This seems to be much more difficult than it should be. I've dug into the .npc folder in Pak1, and found player.npc. Adding a "playermodel" key and value does absolutely nothing in game. 

Of course I could do all of this, equip the weapons, set sabers, set everything via the console when I'm in the map, but I want those commands to fire off on spawn. 

Thank you for any advice.

Assuming this is meant to be for single player, I believe most of that will need to be done via scripting, but I think some things can be set to the info_player_start entity.

You'll find some helpful info in here:

Particularly in part 3 he shows a script that sets force powers and weapons.

quakefreed likes this
On 1/18/2021 at 8:53 AM, NAB622 said:

I would recommend using a cfg file for this, since you can execute it from within the game as well as executing on startup.

The way I would do it, is to make a .bat file that launches jamp.exe with your desired parameters. So something like jamp.exe +exec startMap should execute startMap.cfg on startup.

If you have a shortcut to Jamp.exe on your desktop, I believe you can add launch parameters there as well, but a .bat file is a much better way to go.

Who wrote this post? I see it in my reply form but it's not in the thread?

Thanks Circa for the advice. I'm going to have to sit down and do the tutorial. Seems there's no way around this but scripting. 

14 hours ago, quakefreed said:

Who wrote this post? I see it in my reply form but it's not in the thread?

Thanks Circa for the advice. I'm going to have to sit down and do the tutorial. Seems there's no way around this but scripting. 

The forum will save a reply text for you automatically if you leave the page and then try to reply again even if it’s a different thread.

Looks like that reply is from this thread:

https://jkhub.org/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=12033&content_commentid=160277