Help with NPC file

Hi, I've been happily using some marvelous multiplayer skins here, but I have failed miserably at adapting them into npc files or for use as singleplayer playermodel options. 

I have one major overhaul mod (a KOTOR overhaul called kopie_von_kotja.pk3 from somewhere, found a long time ago) which replaces most npcs with KotOR models. What I wanted to do was to make rebel2.npc use Jeff's Havoc/Republic Trooper, and the swamptrooper (or a different frequent stormtrooper version) use the imperial trooper model. 

I have tried using Valis' npc skinning tutorial, but I haven't been able to make it work at all even though as far as I can tell I've followed every step diligently. If anyone could help me out an craft NPC files (singeplayer playermodels for them would be a nice bonus if possible!!) I would really appreciate it! 

Circa likes this

Give this tutorial a read. Might help you understand how they work a little better. 

The gist of it is you need to point the “playermodel” line to the right folder in the /models/players/ folder. So if you want the rebel2 NPC to be Kyle you would change whatever the line that says “playermodel rebel” to say “playermodel kyle”, because Kyle’s folder name is kyle. Open Jeff’s trooper PK3 and find the folder name under /models/players/