Progress Report: May 2022

A month of fixes, a month of reflection.

MENU IMPROVEMENTS

The past few months have seen to the overall improvement of the functionality of some of our frequently used menus in the mod. As of writing this, I am pleased to report that the Character Selection and NPC Menus are in a state that I have always envisioned them being.

Several common criticisms between both menus have been addressed. The last page that you visit will be saved, negating the need for constant scrolling. Additionally, both menus have seen to a major overhaul to their functionality, encouraging giving you the freedom to browse without making changes to your game until you decide to.

The act of clicking on a character in Character Selection will no longer immediately change your character unless you apply your change. Additionally, in the NPC menu, the NPC saved to your quick spawn button will not change unless you spawn the npc initially from the menu first.

Currently, work is being done on the Lightsaber menu in an effort to encourage browsing. Early results have been promising, with several more fixes currently in the works.

NEW LIGHTSABERS

Something we haven't done in a long time is add some new Lightsabers/Melee Weapons to the mod. Though they are few, I'm still happy to add them.

• Chop'aa Notimo's staff
  • Lumiya's Lightwhip
  • Mother Talzin's Spirit Blade
  • Mighella's Sword
  • Tera Sinube's Lightsaber

GENERAL GRIEVOUS

Something really cool that was coded in very recently saw to an improvement for General Grievous's Four Arm lightsabers.

First off, the lightsabers themselves have seen to a total redesign, utilizing models of Lightsaber hilts friendly to the prequel era instead of the generic Arbiter hilt.

Another cool thing is Grievous's overall functionality for the colors of his lightsabers. As you all know, more iconic imagery has Grievous holding his lightsabers in a very distinctive blue/green pattern. With the release of the updated NPC Free Choice system back in the mod's launch, we unfortunately introduced a bug where Grievous's lightsabers on one side would be the same color, and vice versa.

Steps have been taken to correct this, and I am pleased to announce that Grievous when spawned (or chosen by the player) will by default hold his lightsabers in his iconic pattern.

BUT WAIT! There's more!

In addition to allowing for the pattern to be utilized for Grievous, we even took it a step further to allow for you to choose what two colors that Grievous will be wielding, and have him holding those sabers in the same iconic pattern as we've all come to expect.

unknown.png

unknown.png

NEW CHARACTERS

Of course new updates should also include some new and updated characters!

We have two characters from the new Kenobi Series, but their

SITH EMPIRE

- Darth Plagueis (New Model)
- Darth Tenebrous
- Exar Kun (New Model)
- Freedon Nadd

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

- Anakin Skywalker (Redeemed, Original)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Shadow Collective Armor)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Exile)
- Plo Koon (Jedi Power Battles)
- Tera Sinube

REBELLION

- Iden Versio (Rebel)
- Juno Eclipse (Updated model + moved)
- Leia Organa (Lothal)
- Luke Skywalker (Crystal Star)
- Rebel Assault Commando
- Rebel Infiltrator
- Rianna Saren
- Rebel Spec Force
- Rebel Spec Force Marine

GALACTIC EMPIRE

- Iden Versio
- Reva/Third Sister

FIRST ORDER

- Ben Solo (Pre-fall)

BOUNTY HUNTERS

- Black Krrsantan
- Gerevick

CRIMINALS

- Bando Gora Slave
- Guri
- Pyke Syndicate Members
- Trandoshan (KOTOR)
- Zarien Kheev

CIVILIANS

- Doogo
- Kimmi Chyler
- Pax Bonkik
- Laigrek
- Terentatek

MANDALORIANS

- Din Djarin (Pre-Beskar)

FORCE USERS

- Nightsister

OPERATION: KNIGHTFALL

In other news, the remake for Operation: Knightfall is nearing completion, with a large number of quality of life and major bug fixes being implemented over the past few months. I have been informed by one of the authors that everything should be finalized by the end of next week, pending a full playthrough from our end, verifying stability and everything else.

Knightfall1.jpg

Knightfall2.jpg

RELEASE DATE?

Provided that all goes well with these fixes and the menu improvements continue to go smoothly, we should possibly see to a release of sometime in June. Please do not take this as an official announcement. Once we have a confirmed release date we will announce on our Discord server, and we will upload the file here in advance of our next release.

THE FUTURE

I put the Father vs. Son remake on hold in order to help the author of Operation: Knightfall complete his mission, as well as implementing quality of life fixes to the menus and maps which host vehicles. Once this update releases, I will be (for real this time) devoting my time to remaking Father vs. Son, which I have promised for over a year at this point and still never finish (again I cannot apologize enough for this).

Other missions we have promised in the past will be seeing active development after this update releases and the authors take a well-deserved break.

Additionally, one of our Coder's has returned to us and has completed the initial framework for what we are calling the Dynamic Weapon System. Though the codework has basically been done, we have decided to hold off on releasing this to the public for now as this will require a lot of refactoring for many current assets in the mod (namely NPC weapons and the like), but this system will allow us to add even more weapons to the mod, and allow us the freedom to easily add in other weapons which share an identical functionality to weapons already featured in the mod. We'll provide more details once we're ready to release.

Oh and the Super Battle Droid will be getting some needed cosmetic upgrades :D.

Thank you for following the development of Star Wars: Galactic Legacy, and may the Force be with you.

• Lancelot featured and unfeatured this topic