JKA Master List

https://steamcommunity.com/app/6020/discussions/

This, I believe has been an issue for a while now. The JKA masterlist is down if you are using base JKA via steam/gog install or via just playing straight from the CD.

Maybe someone could confirm this but I am pretty sure it is the case going by all the comments on the steam discussions about it and my own experience.

I know for many the answer is just to update the masterlists to point to jkhub and the other one or just download openjk/eternal. But for a lot of 'casual' players of JKA they probably will not take the time to try and work that shit out. If they cant get into a game they will probably assume its dead and giveup.

What's odd is I installed base JK2 and master.jk2.ravensoft.com seems to be working fine still and I can still get a serverlist. Seems to be just JKA that is the issue.

Be cool if someone could look into this or something. Kinda sucks that many people who buy the game wont even play multiplayer because they cant get see any servers.

It's been happening for over a decade now, due to DDoS or other attacks and Raven just not prioritizing getting it back up. I had some luck last year with getting them to restore it but it goes down almost within a day or two. It's not even worth asking them anymore.

I suppose a clear guide on why it happens and how to get around it should be made and promoted heavily so it shows up in the top search results on Google.

Aldro Koon and Bubbles like this