Model doesn't play animations right

So I have this model that plays animations according to the _humanoid skeleton, however, the model does not grab the lightsaber properly and is just open palming the lightsaber. My question is: how do I go about changing this to make the right and left hand be able to grasp the lightsaber.

Another issue I seem to have with this skin is that sometimes the model blinks... weirdly. I mean that the eye texture leaks through the eyelid and it appears as if the character has "bug eyes". I think this only happens when the character is showing emotion or looking up, however, I cannot be sure as I am just a beginner at skinning.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

That means that whomever weighted the model to the skeleton did it incorrectly. Or did it incompletely, rather. It's not a simple skinning fix, it would need to be fixed in a modeling program like Blender.

43 minutes ago, Circa said:

That means that whomever weighted the model to the skeleton did it incorrectly. Or did it incompletely, rather. It's not a simple skinning fix, it would need to be fixed in a modeling program like Blender.

Great! Appreciate the input!

I have already started some work in *trying* to fix this. I've noticed that the original developer did include the skeleton tags for r_hand, l_hand, and so on. The problem seems to be the hierarchy of the skeleton elements seems to be off compared to any other JK models using the _humanoid animations. What I mean is that r_hand and l_hand exist, however, are archived incorrectly. I've checked with the tavion model and I *think* if I redo the hierarchy to better match _humanoid skeleton and fix the .skin files it *should* work.

I appreciate any follow up on my proposed solution as I am just a beginner when it comes to this sort of thing and am spitballing here.

You mentioned they are "open palming the lightsaber" which implies their fingers are extended out flat. Can you post a screenshot? Changing the hierarchy probably won't matter much, but if they are incorrect it might fix other issues as well.

4 hours ago, Circa said:

You mentioned they are "open palming the lightsaber" which implies their fingers are extended out flat. Can you post a screenshot? Changing the hierarchy probably won't matter much, but if they are incorrect it might fix other issues as well.

Thanks again for the response! I didn't really know what you needed in the screenshots so I assumed you needed the surfaces.

https://jkhub.org/albums/C93X8qT

18 hours ago, Circa said:

I think you were correct in your initial assumption. I will try to fix it in blender but it will take some time as I do not have the knowledge on how to use it properly, however, I will try to fix it and implement it to my SP game.