Sign in to follow this  
Caelum

Interview: Hugo

When I comment and watch JA TDM, I simply get so annoyed with the fact that people play in a very simplistic way, a way that doesn't involved any real quality but rather quantity and simple positioning, that I'm bored within 5 minutes.

Movement, aiming and positioning ARE skills, they are just different to those you need for CTF. Most CTF players wouldn't stay a chance in TDM and most TDM players don't have a clue about CTF... but saying CTF players are the overall better players is just plain wrong. For me TDM was always fun to watch and fun to play... yes, it's slow and for some people it may be boring to watch, but it's about the details in (team-)playing that you (no offense) maybe don't recognize as someone who never played TDM competitively on a higher level... This doesn't make your arrogant attitude appear in a good light.

Nevertheless good interview and I respect you for still supporting this game after all these years.

Movement, aiming and positioning ARE skills, they are just different to those you need for CTF. Most CTF players wouldn't stay a chance in TDM and most TDM players don't have a clue about CTF... but saying CTF players are the overall better players is just plain wrong. For me TDM was always fun to watch and fun to play... yes, it's slow and for some people it may be boring to watch, but it's about the details in (team-)playing that you (no offense) maybe don't recognize as someone who never played TDM competitively on a higher level... This doesn't make your arrogant attitude appear in a good light.

Nevertheless good interview and I respect you for still supporting this game after all these years.

His opinion is different than yours. His opinion is as good as yours, really. No need to say that he has an "arrogant attitude". You had a great counter until there : (

T3 helped the JKA community a lot, wether people realize it or not. Their map is still used for training nowadays. The community kind of owes them a few for what they've done. And it's great that Hugo still supports the game. Had I known he streamed CTF on twitchtv, I would've watched :( Can't change the past though. Only regret it. ANyways, really good interview, albeit a bit long. I propose a toast to T3 and its members *sips champagne*

Thanks for the answer. I agree with many aspects of your post, not with everything though of course.

(I actually wrote a whole lot more, but I'm not playing this game competitive anymore and I don't want a new endless discussion so it's better to end it right now.)

Hugo likes this

I still stream weekly feel free to subscribe :)

NOW?! I'm not into CTF anymore :( Damn you time, why do you have to keep on going?

Hugo likes this