Star Destroyer Docking Bay from Soul Calibur IV as a Duel Map for Jedi Academy

I have this intriguing idea and I'm sure no one has suggested it before, or I could be wrong. Anyways, I was hoping if Jedi Academy could have like that Star Destroyer Docking Bay from Soul Calibur IV to be playable as a Duel Map for Multiplayer. I definitely want to see Yoda, Darth Vader, and Galen Marek clash at each other with their force powers in a game like Jedi Academy. 🙂

sc4-s1.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, KyleKatarn1995 said:

Guess what guys? I actually found the Star Destroyer Docking Bay Stage from Soul Calibur IV ported as a model. But I have to admit, look at the size of that thing!

https://www.models-resource.com/xbox_360/soulcaliburiv/model/973/

The good thing is that only the hangar needs to be recreated, which makes it pretty easy to build the stage. But unfortunately, I'm not a mapper.

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Had a little play with it. Had to remove the skybox and just used a very low res one lol. and a few textures I removed. (prob more than I should of due to some overlapping. I think you can still see on the floor that there is some shimmering going on.  

Def possible to port.  If your willing to put some time into it. e.g. improving the textures, especially on say the ship that was never designed to be looked up at close. And give it decent lighting with maybe some light emitting shaders.

I only really played with it for about 30 mins though just to show it in game. Put some time into and it could look pretty decent.

Also not quite sure what those barriers are at the start? Maybe thats like an invisble wall in the original game to stop people going to far back or forward? idk

Droidy365 and KyleKatarn1995 like this
On 5/17/2022 at 9:22 PM, Bubbles said:

Had a little play with it. Had to remove the skybox and just used a very low res one lol. and a few textures I removed. (prob more than I should of due to some overlapping. I think you can still see on the floor that there is some shimmering going on.  

Def possible to port.  If your willing to put some time into it. e.g. improving the textures, especially on say the ship that was never designed to be looked up at close. And give it decent lighting with maybe some light emitting shaders.

I only really played with it for about 30 mins though just to show it in game. Put some time into and it could look pretty decent.

Also not quite sure what those barriers are at the start? Maybe thats like an invisble wall in the original game to stop people going to far back or forward? idk

Looks great!! I think one of those other things it can be added to the map are those red Laser Gates from like the middle of the stage. And I think a Custom Skybox with the Death Star on one side and the planet Coruscant on the other side. I think this Star Destroyer map would be great for those that played Soul Calibur IV and would like to reimagine it in Jedi Academy! 😄