Jedi Academy Article

https://gamerant.com/new-jedi-academy-game-potential-lukes-academy-book-of-boba-fett/

Easy read mainly fluff.

Think the main issue of a new JKA game would they would most likely remove dedicated servers and replaced with a matchmaking system.  Skins would be unlocked via lootboxes or slow progression. And all the other modern trends games these days have. Including a distaste for modding.

I may be wrong though. 😛

It's the same old argument that ends up in the same place. Part of what made Jedi Academy and Outcast so special is the era it came out in, and games have evolved immensely since then. Nothing is going to be quite like it by all official standards, and I don't think it should be. I think the combat could still be similar enough while also feeling more modern, but a lot of this community would automatically hate it because it's not exactly the same.

There's also the big problem of Luke's academy and students getting slaughtered by Ben Solo in canon not too many years after starting it. It would mean whatever character we'd play as has a relatively short lifespan, unless they claim you survive that purge while being offworld but I don't think the students he had were any older than Ben was at the time, which was late teens.

They could always go the non-canon route of course, which they aren't opposed to as seen from various recent projects (Lego Star Wars, Star Wars Visions anime, etc.) but I doubt they do it.

They are more likely to make a series on Disney+ about the academy and Luke, maybe even make it animated for kids. That's the only thing I really see happening with that story any time soon. Their Jedi focused games are the Jedi series (Fallen Order being the first) and we're getting a sequel to that very soon.

I think it's more likely the High Republic era will get a Jedi Academy RPG inspired game, where Jedi are actually around and thriving, leading up to the prequels. We're already getting one from Quantum Dream (assuming the drama gets worked out). And honestly that's the era I'd rather play as a Jedi in anyway. I like the New Republic but even in Legends it felt like they were just Jedi-wannabes compared to the prequel Jedi, besides Luke. Same with the dark siders.