Model Help

Hello, I need help regarding a model I added to Jedi Academy, I took this model from Movie Duels and put it in jedi academy, however every time I try to use this model for jka I get this error message:

Error: Ran out of transform space for Ghoul2 Models. Adjust MiniHeapSize in SV_SpawnServer.

what does this mean and how do I go about fixing this problem in order to play as this model in jka ?

37 minutes ago, RASAS said:

@Lancelot

what is OPenJK ? and how do I install OpenJK ?

I downloaded the latest as you said, but all I got were files, but no readme

Just put all the files into the GameData folder. Then you start the game either with openjk.x86.exe (for MP) or openjk_sp.x86.exe (for SP).

Long story short: OpenJK is essentially a modified version of the game's code. It contains bugfixes and even removes certain limitations (or at least expands them), which allow you to run the game proberly. As your problem is a limitation issue, OpenJK may fix just that.

If you need more information about it, just take a look at the GithHub page: https://github.com/JACoders/OpenJK

@Lancelot

Ok thank you so much for that, the model works now, I don't get the error message when using the model, however there are some problems,

like why can't I take a screenshot when playing jka on openJK since I'm playing jka through Steam, also some of my mods don't kick in, like my melee mod, I have to always type in helpusobi 1 and iknowkungfu just to use cheats and use melee for the use of kicks and grappling, with my melee mod in vanilla JKA I never have to type in helpusobi 1, would you happen to know how to fix these problems ?

Hello, I'm having problems with my model on openJK, every time I try to use my model and play in SP, the model does not act right. 

To be more specific, say I begin the starting level of the game where rosh is talking to my model, instead of talking to rosh my model is standing up and thats it, when he should be sitting down talking to rosh. 

Why is this happening ? And how can I fix this ? Can someone please help me ?

@RASAS

I've merged the two topics together.

Do you experience that issue with the same model you've taken from Movie Duels? If yes, I think that's the problem, because you've taken a model that wasn't specifically designed to be used in vanilla Jedi Academy.

If you still want to play with that character, I suggest you get the Galactic Legacy mod. Not only does it contain a massive range of Star Wars characters, it is also compatible with the SP campaign. I think that your character has been included there as well. https://www.moddb.com/mods/swgl/downloads/star-wars-galactic-legacy-part-1-of-2

Make sure to clean your base folder of any mods, including the model you've taken from Movie Duels, in order for Galactic Legacy to work properly.

sorry there is a problem, the Galactic Legacy mod is too big and I did try to make space, but when I played it, it was very laggy and slow, is it possible if you know why the model I took from Movie Duels does not act when the cutscenes in JKA are playing ? The model I took was the Galen Marek Jedi Adventure robe model from Movie Duels and its humanoid_galen file, for some reason I think the problem has something to do with the humanoid file, but I don't know what it is, I can only assume the humanoid files of JKA have something to to with the animations and acting animations in cutscenes, but I don't know what I must do in order to get the model to act in cutscenes ?

1 hour ago, RASAS said:

The model I took was the Galen Marek Jedi Adventure robe model from Movie Duels and its humanoid_galen file

That's the problem! The humanoid.gla files are animation files, and they contain all the informations a model needs to work properly. The animations in the human_galen.gla file were specifically designed for Movie Duels. And if you put those in vanilla Jedi Academy, it leads to the problems you've experienced with that model. That's why you shouldn't take models from other mods and put it in the normal game, because certain models don't work well with the regular game.

@Lancelot

Thank you so much for telling me about Galactic Legacy, I came up with an idea, I took the model glm file and replaced the Movie Duels version with the Galactic Legacy version  and sure enough it worked my model is now acting the way it should when playing SP, again thank you so much Lancelot, I couldn't have come up with the idea without you thank you