November 2003 Jedi Academy PC Gamer Magazine Ad

9 hours ago, Lancelot said:

I remember when similar ads really got me excited for the game. Forging your own lightsaber was what sold it for me (which, to my disappointment, was a far less exciting feature than I expected). Nevertheless, those ads have fulfilled their purpose.

Same here. I think Fallen Order had a really good saber building feature but it didn't feel as special because it wasn't YOUR saber. It was Cal's.

Can't wait for a game to eventually have those elements to create your character and saber from top to bottom like I imagined JKA and even KOTOR to be when I read the ads and the saw the back of the CD case way back when.

GamerRedNeck, Lancelot and MagSul like this
16 hours ago, Circa said:

Same here. I think Fallen Order had a really good saber building feature but it didn't feel as special because it wasn't YOUR saber. It was Cal's.

Nevertheless, it was a lightsaber crafting system that has never existed in any other Star Wars game before. In fact, it came close to how I imagined the crafting system in Jedi Academy and KotOR.

A classmate also told me about a feature that allowed you to split a double bladed lightsaber into two lightsabers during combat. I can't remember if he was talking about Jedi Academy or KotOR, but still, I wanted to see that feature for real. Needless to say I was disappointed again.

1 hour ago, Lancelot said:

Nevertheless, it was a lightsaber crafting system that has never existed in any other Star Wars game before. In fact, it came close to how I imagined the crafting system in Jedi Academy and KotOR.

A classmate also told me about a feature that allowed you to split a double bladed lightsaber into two lightsabers during combat. I can't remember if he was talking about Jedi Academy or KotOR, but still, I wanted to see that feature for real. Needless to say I was disappointed again.

I seem to recall a lot of people thinking that would be a feature, definitely. Luckily with PC you can bind that function to kind of work but it definitely would be cool if it were a feature. I wonder if any major mod as done that yet as part of the staff style.

• 1 year later...