Searching for some seemingly lost mods

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum, I'm kinda new here.

I've searched this site fairly thoroughly, as well as Google and Bing, but some files remain lost to me.  Sadly, some of them were clan-specific, and the links on our old forum are dead now.  So I figured maybe I'd have a little better luck if I asked.

The mod I'm most likely to find was a version of the House of Blue Leaves from Kill Bill (NOT the one linked to in this thread).  I'm pretty sure it was for Academy, since I have a screenshot of me duel-wielding in it.

The other files, likely rarer, were various mods for the Burning Dawn clan.  We were the kind of nerds that modded Jedi Academy into a samurai game, and we had a ton of custom outfits based on the Samurai V2 model pack.  I even made a few of them myself, but I'm pretty sure the hard drive holding the original files is the dead one sitting in my cabinet.  Maybe some (former?) clan members still lurk here, or might find this thread in the future- if you have my skins, you have my permission to upload 'em, as long as you send me the link!

@DJ_Zephyr

If you haven't found those mods yet, chances that you will find them are pretty thin. My guess is that the mods you're looking for were hosted on pcgamemods.com, which not only had a massive selection of rare mods, but sadly went offline before anybody had the chance to make backups of the files.

2 hours ago, Lancelot said:

@DJ_Zephyr

My guess is that the mods you're looking for were hosted on pcgamemods.com

They were mostly on Filefront/Gamefront back in the day, not sure if those sites are connected.  Some of their stuff got backed up, but my clan's skins didn't seem to make it.  I'm mostly hoping some old guildmates get nostalgic, find this thread, and happen to have some copies of the old mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There was an old map on lucasfiles called like dsl funhouse, where it had like an npc spawn room that you'd access by rolling under a set of stairs. The main area was like this huge box room with two floating platforms, and then there was like a panel where you could force push open and there were a bunch of shadowtroopers, and then behind them were a bunch of reborns, which that room then had like teleporters to like a greenscreen room. Somewhere in the middle of the main area, the floor opened up and lead to a small room down some stairs, where the stairs opened up if you force pushed them, and then there was a breakaway wall you would crouch into to and there was a room with a bunch of jawas in it. Also in the main area was like a weapon room too, and I think you had to break a wall to get to it or something.

Anyway, I can't find it anywhere lol. Does anyone else remember this map, and might actually have it still too?

Smoo likes this
7 hours ago, ToughMan1 said:

There was an old map on lucasfiles called like dsl funhouse, where it had like an npc spawn room that you'd access by rolling under a set of stairs. The main area was like this huge box room with two floating platforms, and then there was like a panel where you could force push open and there were a bunch of shadowtroopers, and then behind them were a bunch of reborns, which that room then had like teleporters to like a greenscreen room. Somewhere in the middle of the main area, the floor opened up and lead to a small room down some stairs, where the stairs opened up if you force pushed them, and then there was a breakaway wall you would crouch into to and there was a room with a bunch of jawas in it. Also in the main area was like a weapon room too, and I think you had to break a wall to get to it or something.

Anyway, I can't find it anywhere lol. Does anyone else remember this map, and might actually have it still too?

Check out mrwonko's JK3Files mirror. It's has backups of all (or at least most) mods from JK3Files. As that website offered a huge variety of mods, it's possible that you may find it there.
As you didn't specify for which game the map was made, I'm putting the links to Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast below.

https://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi Academy/
https://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi Outcast/

That was the first place I checked, but it wasn't there, or at least I couldn't find it if it was. I remember specifically that I had originally gotten it from lucasfiles, because at the time I hadn't even heard of filefront lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Zephyr! BD Ryoichi here ! 
Also tried to reach old guys, saw Sanosuke days ago on Jof server

I don't have any maps though or files, it's a pity, BD was so epic and the maps were amazing.
Hope you are ok.

After BD I also had some fun mapping (one kinda inspired on old days - RK Oriental Virtue  - google it), skinning and having a good clan around.
Talk to you soon.
Maybe with old guys like Cory.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for a few things from old JO/JA files as well. And unfortunately they aren't in the net, but I got some rare PK3s from CD/DVDs from video games magazines. Those included demos, maps, weapons, skins and other things. But finding a disc is a more difficult thing to do these days, even though not impossible, as some fans made copies of old magazines and DVD content. I

I even thought of uploading a few of those to JKHUB, even though the content isn't very good for the most part. 

16 hours ago, NumberWan said:

I've been looking for a few things from old JO/JA files as well. And unfortunately they aren't in the net, but I got some rare PK3s from CD/DVDs from video games magazines. Those included demos, maps, weapons, skins and other things. But finding a disc is a more difficult thing to do these days, even though not impossible, as some fans made copies of old magazines and DVD content. I

I even thought of uploading a few of those to JKHUB, even though the content isn't very good for the most part. 

Upload them anyway, because it doesn't matter if they are very good. Who knows, maybe there are some mods among them that others are looking for.