Kyle Katarn comes to Galaxy of Heroes mobile game

Circa

This week EA revealed that Kyle Katarn is coming to their hit mobile game "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes" to join that fairly massive roster of not only movie characters, but a slew of Legends characters as well, which is always kind of a shocker due to the nature of Lucasfilm's efforts to keep Legends material out of the public eye for the most part. They now have a big number of character from KOTOR including Revan, Malak, Bastila, and many more.

Kyle Katarn showcase

As someone that knows very little about this game, I will keep the description of Kyle in the game brief. It looks like he is able to fight on a Jedi team as well as a Rebel team, which makes sense considering his history with both. His moves are very reminiscent of come JK2/A moves. Here's a bunch of GIFs to show some of that.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

You can read all about this in more detail if you are a player of GoH at the developer forum threads below.

Developer Insight: Kyle Katarn

Kit Reveal: Kyle Katarn

EA's Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is available on iOS and Android for free.

This was probably just another article about something 9/10 of you don't care about, but it's one of those things that hopefully makes you go:

"Fairly interesting" reaction  Pretty cool

View full article

Lancelot likes this

Somehow Kyle Katarn looks far better than the original characters made for GoH from the start. I guess, it's actually quite low-poly, but looks neat in-game on a mobile due to shaders and good quality of textures. I tried this game long ago, but eventually deleted it due to the fact, that you need lot of credits to have the units you want.

It's difficult to ignore the fact, that the developers put much effort into adding Kyle Katarn into the game – the details are awesome. I also like the idea, that here Kyle follows his original path – he's an agent in the beginning, then he becomes a Jedi! Also the icon for his powers is that of Jedi Outcast.

Oh and there is a Jedi Valley level, which is very close in its appearance to Dark Forces II.

This isn't the first time we see Legends characters in GoH, as Kreia and others made it into the game years ago. Dash Rendar is also in the game.

Circa likes this