Diversify Jedi masters

Hello everyone,

I wonder if there is a way to diversify a PNJ type. In my case, I would like to change those triplets Jedi Masters from the academy1 cinematic to three distincts ones.

Spoiler

BDyR1Uoh.png

Someone has an idea how to do it, or if it is even possible ?

MagSul likes this
19 hours ago, Elysio said:

Ok, thanks !

If I want to modify the .bsp file, do I need to open it with GtkRadiant or not?

You can't modify the .bsp file, at least not like that. You need the original .map file, which you only get by decompiling the .bsp first. But that's not how you solve your problem, so don't start it at all.

As far as I know, the map's script needs to be modified, nothing more. I have never done that, so I can't help you.

Elysio likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 2:56 PM, NumberWan said:

Theoretically it's possible. Especially if they have unique NPC_targetnames, then they can be replaced with other skins or even models via a script.

I attempted this method a moment ago!

All I had to do was add a SET_SKIN line to the academy1/intro script for each of the Jedi Master NPCs. 😀

"npc_master3/4/5" have a spawnscript enabled by the academy1 map that tells them what animation to perform in the cutscene. There is no reference to them in the academy1/intro script, so I added them with just a line each to specify their skin as seen below.

K3eyo6D.png

Here is the result:

Spoiler

JZgQ2JW.png

I did try the SET_PLAYERMODEL command as well, but that crashed my game. 🙁

Elysio and NumberWan like this
22 hours ago, MagSul said:

I attempted this method a moment ago!

All I had to do was add a SET_SKIN line to the academy1/intro script for each of the Jedi Master NPCs. 😀

"npc_master3/4/5" have a spawnscript enabled by the academy1 map that tells them what animation to perform in the cutscene. There is no reference to them in the academy1/intro script, so I added them with just a line each to specify their skin as seen below.

K3eyo6D.png

Here is the result:

Reveal hidden contents

JZgQ2JW.png

I did try the SET_PLAYERMODEL command as well, but that crashed my game. 🙁

Okay !  I think I get it, but with which software did you use to edit the intro.ibi file?

I tried with DevaheB, but either it load a blank page, with nothing to edit, or it display the code, but when I save the file (even when I didn't edit it), the cinematic scene is "playable", with no dialogue, animations or script.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png