Converting Movie Battles 2 mods to JKA multiplayer

Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

You can probably already use the "model" command in the console to use those models in MP. To make it show up in the model selection screen, it needs an "icon_default" image in the folder of the model (look at existing MP models for reference) in the usual format (non-progressive jpg, png or tga, with power-of-two dimensions).

One restriction to be aware of is that the model has to use the default humanoid skeleton to be usable as a player model in MP. No, you can't play a Rancor, sorry.

Do you need instructions on how to extract the necessary files from MB2 and package them for base?

You should also note that you can't redistribute those models without permission from the original author, but it sounds like you're just doing this for yourself.

g-viral likes this

Thank you very much 😉

I have the model, texture and shader files.

Do I require anything else like an npc file or other stuff to make it work?

And yes this is for private use.

The models in question are mostly ported stormtrooper variations including the darktrooper phase 3 model from the canceled battlefront 3

Thank you very much 😉

I have the model, texture and shader files.

Do I require anything else like an npc file or other stuff to make it work?

And yes this is for private use.

The models in question are mostly ported stormtrooper variations including the darktrooper phase 3 model from the canceled battlefront 3

Btw of topic thanks for running the site that has all the old maps.

Been looking for the RP dreadnought map for some time.

Sweet nostalgia.

• Solution

An NPC file is only needed to spawn it as an NPC in single player. For multiplayer, adding the icon_default image should be enough, as far as I remember. Just keep the original folder structure intact, add the icon, and you should be good to go, unless MB2 has added some kind of copy protection.