Need help with single player map

Go to solution Solved by MagSul,

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm having trouble with making the tram/platform in my map. It's not showing up in game at all. What I did was I made an a small cube put the origin texture on it and placed in the center of the tram. I then selected the entire tram and the origin cube and did function_train. Then I selected the origin cube and then linked to the first path corner. At what part did I mess up?

3 hours ago, undeadslayer said:

So I'm having trouble with making the tram/platform in my map. It's not showing up in game at all. What I did was I made an a small cube put the origin texture on it and placed in the center of the tram. I then selected the entire tram and the origin cube and did function_train. Then I selected the origin cube and then linked to the first path corner. At what part did I mess up?

I noticed this bit in the Rich Diesel tutorial:

Remember that your func_train will spawn at the path_corner it is linked to, NOT wherever you actually place it:

Maybe yours is at the first path_corner you placed and you didn't notice?

I followed RichDiesal's tutorial this morning and put together a tiny map with a working func_train entity. I've uploaded a compiled map you can access with /devmap train_example, and an editable func_train.map file so that you can see how it was put together. Hopefully this will help you to identify the cause of your problem. 😃

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-X6RcwepSUEx-VnYVUi5RrVIEl60hNe/view?usp=sharing

Circa likes this
  • 3 months later...

A few questions here. 1.) How do I change what player model is used in game? Currently the game has it set for female Jaden and I'm fairly certain I need it set for male Jaden. 2.) How do I add the action music to the level? Currently only the explore music is in the map. 3.) Lastly, there are a few brushes that should have been made that should have had a special property to it. Instead the game view it as world spawn. every time I try to change it, gtk radiant act like I deleted the brush. So my question is: is it even possible to change the property of the brush now, or is it to late?

1) How do I change what player model is used in game?

This particular post lays out the answer to this question quite nicely. 😃

I'm not sure how to get around your second question, but for your third, you'll have to elaborate a bit on what exactly you were trying to do. 🙂

@MagSul 1.) Is that the part of the tutorial about notepad? 2.) There is a series of brushes at the begin of the level that were elevators but with the function_door and an angle of -2. There are like two or three of the elevators that didn't not have that function and somehow was made as part of worldspawn.

• 5 months later...

What kind of door are you looking to create? Func_door can handle basic back-and-forth movement, and if I recall correctly, using the angles key you can set the movement to anywhere on all three axes at once (Or just angle for a single direction).

If you're looking for a swinging or rotating door, or anything with more than a single motion, you'll need a script for that.

Yes. Make two separate doors, one moving in each direction like you want. On both doors, add:

Key: team

Value: <make up a name>

You may have to use a trigger_multiple to fire one of the doors (not both). If you do, make sure you give it a wait time so it doesn't rapid-fire the doors.

If all goes well, the doors will always move together, including when blocked and when reversing.

Trigger_multiple can be used by the player, so just use that. It'll make everything simpler going forward.

The doors cannot function like a train without a script, and scripts are not compatible with the team key. So if you want anything fancier than two teamed doors, you'll have to script it from start to finish.

• 7 months later...

The rocket trooper is "RocketTrooper2Officer"
The info for this NPC is stored in the rockettrooper2.npc file in Assets1.pk3.

To use in a map, use an NPC_Spawner and set the NPC_Type to "RocketTrooper2Officer"
OR
L5fWbHh.png
Tick the 'officer' box for the NPC_RocketTrooper entity.

You can point a trigger to more than one thing, yes.

Here, I have two light entitys with the same targetname.
The trigger_multiple entity has a target that matches the light entities shared targetname. So, when I push the trigger, both light entities come on, as highlighted in this video by being different colours.

I'm not sure what you mean by the door thing! You'll have to demonstrate it. 😃

I agree with @MagSul. If you look on the grid in your screenshot of Radiant, the door is green, meaning it is a trigger. All brushes in any trigger entity are invisible in-game. Make the door a func_door and it should reappear.

If you are still having issues with the door disappearing, post back here, because a few other things can cause that too.