Changing model size on the fly aka Antman

I was wondering if there was a way to emulate super hero size changing on the fly - is it possible to script a player model size/scale change in game?

Or would that require programing?

Yes. I think you're looking for SET_MODELSCALE (I don't remember the exact name of the variable).

To accomplish it, you will need to use a to target_scriptrunner to fire the script, and you will have to check the runOnActivator flag. When the player fires the script, it will trigger the changes to take place directly on the player.

Edited by NAB622
Oops
ooeJack and OCD2 like this
8 hours ago, NAB622 said:

Yes. I think you're looking for SET_MODELSCALE (I don't remember the exact name of the variable).

To accomplish it, you will need to use a to target_scriptrunner to fire the script, and you will have to check the runOnActivator flag. When the player fires the script, out will trigger the changes to take place directly on the player.

Thank you for that knowledge.  

On 5/11/2021 at 5:25 AM, NAB622 said:

To accomplish it, you will need to use a to target_scriptrunner to fire the script, and you will have to check the runOnActivator flag. When the player fires the script, out will trigger the changes to take place directly on the player.

I tried this command and we discussed it here at JKHUB. Unfortunately the set_modelscale doesn't seem to work on NPC models in SP. There is no understanding, why it works on objects/items and not on the characters. However I made the command work through affect [NPC_targetname] and not directly with a runOnActivator, set in GtkRadiant.

HUM-3154 likes this

The method I described works on the player model only. I was under the impression that is what fullkevlar was asking about.

If you've ever played Taspir Power Complex V3 and entered the control room, there are buttons that change the size of the players pressing them, so it does work, at least in MP.

Anything else, I have no idea.

Circa and HUM-3154 like this
8 hours ago, NumberWan said:

I tried this command and we discussed it here at JKHUB. Unfortunately the set_modelscale doesn't seem to work on NPC models in SP. There is no understanding, why it works on objects/items and not on the characters. However I made the command work through affect [NPC_targetname] and not directly with a runOnActivator, set in GtkRadiant.

Curious.   You were able to change player size in SP using npc_targetname?     

I was just thinking about potential mods to try when I finally have time/access to my workstation.

8 hours ago, NAB622 said:

The method I described works on the player model only. I was under the impression that is what fullkevlar was asking about.

If you've ever played Taspir Power Complex V3 and entered the control room, there are buttons that change the size of the players pressing them, so it does work, at least in MP.

Anything else, I have no idea.

Yes, you are correct, I was thinking about scaling the player model, for a potential Marvel-ous mod.

HUM-3154 likes this
4 minutes ago, fullkevlar said:

Curioso. Sei riuscito a cambiare le dimensioni del giocatore in SP usando npc_targetname?     

Stavo solo pensando a potenziali mod da provare quando finalmente avrò tempo / accesso alla mia workstation.

Sì, hai ragione, stavo pensando di ridimensionare il modello del giocatore, per un potenziale mod Marvel.

Friend if you make a Marvel mod give me a whistle...

OCD2 likes this
6 hours ago, fullkevlar said:

Curious.   You were able to change player size in SP using npc_targetname?     

I was just thinking about potential mods to try when I finally have time/access to my workstation.

Yes, you are correct, I was thinking about scaling the player model, for a potential Marvel-ous mod.

It didn't work. I made a script, which affected an NPC with a certain NPC_targetname. In SP there were no results.

However it's true, that some commands do work in MP though, so perhaps both methods will do fine in multiplayer.