A weird deBUG

Hallo all,
I'm not sure where to post and whether I should do a new topic about this, but seems like inevitable. A weird bug occurred to me with OpenJK. Resuming Jedi Academy after many years on intent of modding, I never saw something like this. Only with OpenJK, which I'm using so far, whenever I activate helpsuobi command, among all enemies across the map many connecting purple vectors appear suddenly...they disappear only once the NPC's get idle. After a better look, I believe it's a sort of deBug (that is a bugged debug) due probably to an oversight in OpenJK that triggers this hidden one, useful for testing and modding surely, but ugly. It can't be a mod, since I never had nor know any related, it can't be a renderer, I didn't activate other cheats and anything about debug, I have a fresh install of JA, so it must be OpenJK. I searched everywhere and I found nothing, I'm sure someone eventually got into it, helpusobi is pretty common otherwise all parameters reset to default. Please enlight this. Some random pictures cropped smaller:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
those are from tibanna-platform mission with Wedge Antilles, further on when enemies were surrounding these lines projected sometimes from one edge of map to another, a pinkish net...rather unplayable. How can I remove these lines?  edit: the image hoster reduced the size

Edited by Automa
On 4/12/2021 at 4:40 PM, mrwonko said:

Did you build OpenJK yourself? If you're using a Debug build instead of a Release build

Thanks Mr.Wonko, hey everybody don't you know who he be? He's the secret keeper!
No I didn't build any, as previously written I'm still loath to C++, but never say never...what is a Debug build? One of those used by developers? Never seen any, there are only plain releases on the official Github builds' page...I downloaded the latest openjk-2021-04-12-d2ed03a0-windows. I will, I did other tests lately with many older ones, same issue occurs. edit-  I posted the issue on Github.

Alrighty right. Thanks Mr.Wonko, it was definitely a hidden feature, but within all normal releases. It's caused by the command d_npcAI, accidentally above 0, while normally it was at 0, even at highest difficulty. It showed the relations between NPC's and when some of them die switched accordingly, most of lines ultimately linked to officers, therefore sometimes you could guess wherever they hid miles ahead, through walls. Yet after a hitch like this, it's plainer how JK was originally conceived well by authors, with a dynamical ranked AI. So everybody, set not d_npcAI "1" or higher!!  Better explained on Github, I closed the issue.

AshuraDX likes this
On 4/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, Automa said:

what is a Debug build? One of those used by developers? Never seen any, there are only plain releases on the official Github builds' page...

Yes, you can build a special version of the application that makes development easier and enables additional bug detection checks. These debug builds are typically not released to the public, when you download a build off Github you get the so-called "Release" build, which as the name suggests is intended for release to endusers.