Adapting MP vehicle mechanics to SP

I was recently thinking about how well the vehicles can be controlled in MP (albeit not as good as in other games from that time, such as Battlefront II), while the control is really awkward and broken in SP mode.

Here is my question: Is it possible to adapt the vehicle mechanics from MP to SP?

Sure, except for the swoop bikes and tauntauns, vehicles are not an actual part of the campaign. But I was thinking about the sandbox mods, which have become popular in the community. Some sandbox mods already have vehicles included in their maps. Adapting the MP mechanics would not only fix the flawed mechanics in SP, it would also make the experience more consistent.

@Asgarath83, is it possible to do that?

TheWhitePhoenix and OCD2 like this
On 4/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, Lancelot said:

I was recently thinking about how well the vehicles can be controlled in MP (albeit not as good as in other games from that time, such as Battlefront II), while the control is really awkward and broken in SP mode.

Here is my question: Is it possible to adapt the vehicle mechanics from MP to SP?

Sure, except for the swoop bikes and tauntauns, vehicles are not an actual part of the campaign. But I was thinking about the sandbox mods, which have become popular in the community. Some sandbox mods already have vehicles included in their maps. Adapting the MP mechanics would not only fix the flawed mechanics in SP, it would also make the experience more consistent.

@Asgarath83, is it possible to do that?

Is possible, but you need some good guy that now well the vehicle code of multiplayer and singleplayer both.

the asteroid mod of gummelt have a nice multiplayer dogfight space combat.

the single player vehicles are horrid and hacked. animals and speeders are very good both Fighters handling and collision is very nasty. 

well, basically, a coder should past the source code of asteroid mod from MP to SP for fix the bad flight behavour of fighter.

then you need another problem: you need to wrote an AI for NPC that use fighter vehicles for have realistic space combat mode. honestly i not know how to do that.

At moment, i am not working on my fighers, i am doing a library for customize weapons as expernal *.GUN file that works exactly like *.SAB for sabers. and replace the limitated and frustrating weapons.DAT

i am at good point but is a LONG job, the variables for fully customize model, icon, descripton, projectiles, damage, visual effects, ray shaders of disruptor, animation damage, splashdamage and ballistic of weapons are ton of stuff, and i am again working for accomplish it.

when i will end this code i will host the edited code and i add some notification about the functions created and the files i hacked so amodder more expert of me can  complete that an host on git and do some better improved job.

i never got git working, sadly and no one never teached me step by step how to use it.

however, yes, lancelot, is possible to do, every thing is possible to do with code. you need
- source code

- c++ knowledge

- willpower

- a nice coder.

any thing of life is possible to do if you have the skills, the willpower and the tools for do it. the limitatiosn exists only on our mind.

Lancelot likes this