Shoot Dodge Mod version 2?

Shoot Dodge Mod version 2?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play Shoot Dodge if it was released for Jedi Academy?

• I have been interested in the mod and would download it for JA only
    • I liked it for Jedi Outcast just fine and wouldn't care for a JA release
    • Meh.. don't care

Hey friends,

Recently I release the Shoot Dodge mod for Outcast here.  Initially I figured it was only fun for the early levels of Jedi Outcast when you have no force powers but I found it synergized really well with force powers.   A couple people have commented on how they're waiting on it being released for JA instead.  Would you download it in a JA release?

Also a few features I'd like to add for a JA release are:

• Dual wielding like the cultist commandos do
  • Shoot dodges from the new acrobatics you can do in JA
  • Build on top of the JOA mod after asking the author's permission for a seamless Outcast and Academy experience
  • Have NPCs that use shoot dodges in combat (Kyle, mercenaries, etc)

Let me know your thoughts!  Trying to gauge interest in whether to continue this project.

Lancelot and OCD2 like this

A Jedi Academy version would not only be interesting, but it could make the best of the potential this mod has. This game is more focused on acrobatics and lightsaber combat than Jedi Outcast, so it would be fitting.

@tinny, here are some suggestions:

• Make the slow motion feature the game has optional. With that, I mean the one that occurs during the advanced force jump (the one that makes you jump further).
  • Get rid of the panning camera during that advanced force jump and during the kung fu fights.

tinny likes this
15 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

A Jedi Academy version would not only be interesting, but it could make the best of the potential this mod has. This game is more focused on acrobatics and lightsaber combat than Jedi Outcast, so it would be fitting.

@tinny, here are some suggestions:

• Make the slow motion feature the game has optional. With that, I mean the one that occurs during the advanced force jump (the one that makes you jump further).
  • Get rid of the panning camera during that advanced force jump and during the kung fu fights.

Most of this stuff should easily be wrapped up in cvars to toggle things that one person might fun and another distracting.