Big Phil trying his best (WIP Thread)

10 hours ago, Lord Of Hate said:

Have we ever got a canonical depiction of the Hero of Tython/Outlander from the MMO: "Star Wars: The Old Republic". If not he should be done at some point. Great work on Ren btw mate.

So, Jeff has some ports of a few SWToR models. I use one of his Jedi Knight looking skins to fill in for HOT. It seems to fit about what the promo art looks like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not dead, just been playing other games. My Ren model is releasable, but not perfect yet. If anyone would like the beta version of him

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxcv5e59kdbbjwk/ren.zip?dl=0

spacer.png

Update on TLJ Luke:

So progress is being made on that tonight. Nothing visible yet, but the model is pretty much ready to go. It actually was a little while ago, but now it's set up for insertion into Jedi Academy. I still need to texture it though, so I got to redownload Adobe Photoshop

ZelZel, Smoo, DarthValeria and 4 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bigphil2695 said:

I swore I was gonna start working more, but then I got a gf. Genuinely didn't think that would ever happen. Anyway, now I'm having trouble finding time. 

Life happens. If you don't have the time for something, wait for the right time to come.

bigphil2695 and HUM-3154 like this
  • 4 months later...

Been physically writing everything down. Gonna learn to do shaders soon. When this Batman has a nice cell shading, I hope he looks a little less flat. I modelled him directly from the source images for Justice League. This is my first totally from scratch model. 

I do think I've become competent in sculpting, texturing is still a weakness of mine. Been trying to develop new ways of doing it that work for me. Then of course making the textures is difficult as well. Perhaps I will look into some programs that can assist. Currently I'm using a.... dubious version of Adobe Photoshop 2012 to do everything. Not awful per se, but I'm not quite proficient enough to make the kind of textures that will blow minds (do people get their minds blown by textures???).

It's just nice to finally be making real progress in my 3D modeling. Very happy

Smoo and OCD2 like this
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, fullkevlar said:

Nice!

Im on the same journey, and building some nice skills along the way.

Its fun, look forward to seeing what else you make!

Got some things in the pipeline. The hierarchy on Batman's model needs be worked on, and I'm trying to learn how to give him a really good cell shaded look. Which is why nothing is published yet. When this model does drop, it's gonna be great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi to you guys who commented earlier. I believe I've sent you what I had done. I've been on another extended hiatus for a bit. However in my absence I've been busy learning new things. I'll be finishing some of my old projects up soon, and then starting new ones. I have one just to refresh myself coming out, probably today. Not one that has been announced either.

So basically, I made an young adult/teen Grogu based on a kitbash I did with lego. Idk if anyone else likes it, but I just sort of wanted too lol

spacer.png

DarthValeria and OCD2 like this

I'm pretty sure I'll lose, but I would love to put him in the contest. I'm gonna give him a helmet first. Helmet, team skins, bot, all the little bells and whistles. I do hope someone else will enjoy playing with him. I like flying around with the model. The jetpack suits the Yoda saber style. The hair is the weirdest idea I ever had, but at the same time I love it! Will post a link soon

spacer.png

spacer.png

This was what I made, which inspired the model

spacer.png

OCD2, krkarr, DarthValeria and 1 other like this

Does anyone else instinctively delete other modders NPC files? I have a specific way I want my game balanced since I play with realistic sabers on and use JKA as a Garry's mod sandbox game. I rarely play online and just fight NPCs all day. I have done this for over 12 years now 

I bring this up because I'm always a little afraid my NPCs are a little OP, especially since Luke in vanilla only has 200 hitpoints. I guess it doesn't really matter, since NPC files are ridiculously easy to make, and it seems to be a bit more memory efficient to just clump em all together than having separate files. Still though, I just did it to a new batch of VERY good models. I'm wondering if that's normal or not