Blender no .gla

Powa

Hi, I know it's been posted about a few times but the solutions to importing glm files with the no .gla error just don't seem to be working right for me for some reason. I'm using blender 2.83 and I've tried organizing things in a lot of different ways and changing what directory things are in and trying different models etc, but I can't seem to do it correctly. I was wondering if I could maybe post pics of how my folders look so I could maybe get what to do to fix this. I'm also wondering if once this gets fixed, if I need to make a new thread to ask about help with the process of getting a model to work in the game. I have some guides to help me so I don't think one needs posted but I'll probably have questions or problems cause I'm new to all this stuff.

You will need your folders set up in this order:

"Base/Models/Players"

Inside the "Players" folder you will need the JK3 "_humanoid" folder, then ensure the model you're loading has been imported into the "Players" folder, with a "model.glm" and "model_default.skin" inside your folder. From the Blender menu click to import - JA Ghoul 2 model:

img1.jpg

Then select your model's folder choosing the .GLM file, but before you click to import, ensure you have filled in the base path on the right of the window that pops up to link with the location of your base folder. For example, mine will be filled in as "d:/jka/base". This will always be left blank, and you will have to fill it in manually each time. This goes the same for exporting JA Ghoul 2 models.

img2.jpg

ooeJack likes this

Yeah that's working, I didn't try having model/players under base, thanks for the help. Am I able to ask other questions here or should I make another thread, cause I kinda have one about the model I want to use itself.

kk so seeing my model compared to others in the game, I'm realizing I might not be able to use it cause the body's "structure" isn't really human enough for it to look right in jka and stuff. Wasn't really thinking about it, not sure if there's some kind of way to make it work. Though I guess someone did make ridley work... I think I saw there were terms in the rules for sending files that are from other games but idk if that applies to pics of models, and other stuff from the game are on sites with models, so I think it'd prob be ok. Just making sure I don't break any rules or anything first lol, I'm prob overthinking it.

You're able to post pictures of anything you're creating, you just can't upload your finished file to be approved by JKHub staff to be published in the Files section of the website, if it contains content from another game/ported files. You're able to post pictures and any files in topics such as here though.

I see, well whether it's you or someone else who looks at this, as you can see I'm not really sure if I can make this work in the game. The head isn't above the torso, and the arms might not be in the correct position at the socket or at the torso etc, and if there's something I could do about it I wouldn't know. I can see how other things in the model would work though I think. I'd have to pose the model regardless somehow, unless there's some automatic way to do that after assigning parts maybe or something, but even then I don't think it'd look right. Someone made a ridley mod from ultimate but I think they had to modify the model a lot to make it resemble a human enough to get it to work.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would suggest using the convenant elite model as a reference as it's maybe the most similarly shaped model:

https://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi Academy/Skins/Others/33555/

Unless someone wants to put this model into JKA, then I would suggest using this opportunity to practise. You will need to align the model to the JKA skeleton (using covenant elite as a reference), and to separate the body parts where you would think they should be separated. Then use the covenant skin as a reference for weights.

21 hours ago, Powa said:

I see, well whether it's you or someone else who looks at this, as you can see I'm not really sure if I can make this work in the game. The head isn't above the torso, and the arms might not be in the correct position at the socket or at the torso etc, and if there's something I could do about it I wouldn't know. I can see how other things in the model would work though I think. I'd have to pose the model regardless somehow, unless there's some automatic way to do that after assigning parts maybe or something, but even then I don't think it'd look right. Someone made a ridley mod from ultimate but I think they had to modify the model a lot to make it resemble a human enough to get it to work.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's not Ridley. That's a normal Space Pirate model from Metroid Prime. 

I was always planning on doing it myself, just gonna need some help. Not sure if it's normal, which I think it is, and idk how relevant it is, but apparently this is already rigged to a skeleton with an armature unless that's the same thing, and there's already vertex groups here. Not sure if that's what stays in segments when I move the skeleton to move the mesh I think it is. There might be a better way cause idk how to handle this kind of thing, but if everything is already segmented like this, is there a way to be able to take those parts separately and assign it to parts of a different skeleton or something for jka? I heard there might be something about bones, idk if that would get in the way of that. The mesh is all combined together and stuff it seems cause when I select it, it selects the whole thing, so idk how to maybe separate things and maybe port it over somehow and fix up another skeleton, unless this is just a harder way of doing things. I'm probably way off on what I'd actually need to do but idk if this helps me out somehow lol.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Basics of porting.

-Load a stock JA model, such as kyle to use as a template to scale / position your ripped model.

-Use the ripped model's bones to roughly pose it around Kyle's mesh.

-Make sure the joints line up with the main joints.

-Once the ripped model has been posed as best as possible, get rid of the ripped model's skeleton and Kyle's mesh.

-Start rigging using the JA skeleton / tags.

-Once the weights are good, you can start splitting the model into proper limbs.

Export and enjoy.