Custom .exe that loads the map instantly

I would recommend using a cfg file for this, since you can execute it from within the game as well as executing on startup.

The way I would do it, is to make a .bat file that launches jamp.exe with your desired parameters. So something like jamp.exe +exec startMap should execute startMap.cfg on startup.

If you have a shortcut to Jamp.exe on your desktop, I believe you can add launch parameters there as well, but a .bat file is a much better way to go.

Sure thing. I'm a little rusty on details, but this should get you there:

In notepad, save a .cfg file in your gamedata/base folder. Name it anything you want (I'll use autoexec.cfg). In it, put the commands you want the game to run on startup, one command per line.

Next, make a new text file in notepad, in the gamedata folder. Save it as whatever.bat. In that file, just add a single line:

jamp.exe +exec autoexec

Now, if you run the batch file, you should get your results. You can also make a shortcut to the .bat file on your desktop if you like.

@quakefreed You could also create a shortcut to jasp.exe and add the startup parameter +devmap <mapname>

To the path in there. That should also work.

HowTo: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/shortcut-arguments-parameters-windows/

The tutorial uses -, for jka console commands use + instead.

@NAB622 autoexec.cfg should automatically be run by the game, you shouldn't need to tell it to run it on launch.

MagSul likes this