Missing NPC weapons

I have gotten one of my models in the game successfully! However before we all start cheering, the NPC's weapons are not appearing in his hand. I'm not sure if this needs to be remodeled, or if I can just turn something off in the skin file. Any advice?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4nhwlkenij6v10/20210115090136_1.jpg?dl=0

There are a few shader issues on the model as well. I think I know how to fix them. As well as the bit of clipping on his lower area. All of that will be ready by final release of course.

Update: Stretching the model by a scale of 1000 doesn't help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irwo51sqxtr9jcx/20210115092952_1.jpg?dl=0

Just to clarify, you've added a player model, not a weapon model, right? GLM uses so-called "Tags" to represent locations on the model like where it holds weapons, they're represented by special surfaces. You can check them using the ModView tool from the SDK. It's usually easiest to copy them from an existing model. What software do you use?

bigphil2695 likes this
16 minutes ago, mrwonko said:

Just to clarify, you've added a player model, not a weapon model, right? GLM uses so-called "Tags" to represent locations on the model like where it holds weapons, they're represented by special surfaces. You can check them using the ModView tool from the SDK. It's usually easiest to copy them from an existing model. What software do you use?

Yes it is a playermodel. I will open it in Modview to see. Pretty much tried everything else I can think of.

21 hours ago, mrwonko said:

So there don't appear to be any surfaces on his hands. Any thoughts on how I could fix this? Maybe make some new arms? I'm using Blender as my 3D modeling tool, how would I go about adding these if at all possible? If you don't know, I can always see if I can just grab new arms from another model, and see if that will fix it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv2l53fpipjgoka/bobasurface.JPG?dl=0

That second screenshot is not a different model, it's the same one with the helmet on. I switched to model's arms and hands for the original in game Boba Fett, yet no surfaces are being detected still.

Could it have something to do with skeletal alignment? It looks pretty aligned to me, but it also seems like I'm putting the hands on wrong. I might just try starting from square one, since I keep pulling things from the original model now anyway

The hand tags (*l_hand_0 tag, *r_hand_0) are found parented to the l_hand_0 and r_hand_0, respectively.

Try copying them / pasting them from an existing model. The reason this is recommended is because they already have proper associated vertex groups for the correct bone associations on the skeleton.

* When you do this, it will likely look huge and it will import a copy of the skeleton from the other model as well. Don't panic! simply delete the skeleton.

* First parent the tags to the existing l_hand and r_hand. (Select tag ->Object Properties -> Parent -> l_hand/r_hand)

* If the scale is right, the tag should essentially sit in the player's hand. If it is offset, it means you likely have to scale it. Make sure you're in Object Mode. Scale it (if I was a betting man, I'd say scale it by 0.1. This would shrink it.) Now, importantly, you must Apply the scale via CTRL+A -> Apply Scale

* NOT quite done yet! Ensure the tag is selected, and goto the Modifiers tab. It should be a red box indicating the deleted skeleton. Simply choose the correct skeleton. Try to export it then.

Repeat the above for any of the tags you seem to be missing (there's like 3 or 4 total in the lower half of the arm; use another model for reference)

bigphil2695 likes this