Republic Commando lightsaber

In 'Republic Commando', a lightsaber can be found in one level. I think nobody has ever done that one before.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's the only good image I could find that shows the lightsaber completely.

Also, before you mention it: This isn't supposed to be Luke's lightsaber. It looks similar, but some details make the difference very clear.

Could this lightsaber be something for you, @Doughnuts?

Dark_Reaper and NumberWan like this

Interesting, I don't think I ever knew about this. Can you please send me the model file? I should be able to rig this to work in game and add some improvements to the textures and model.

EDIT: It may actually be as simple as remodelling and reskinning Luke's saber.

4 hours ago, Droidy365 said:

Interesting, I don't think I ever knew about this. Can you please send me the model file? I should be able to rig this to work in game and add some improvements to the textures and model.

EDIT: It may actually be as simple as remodelling and reskinning Luke's saber.

I don't know how to extract models from that game. That's why I had to do a screenshot of it.

If you have Republic Commando, just use editor included with the game (or any compatible tool). The model is located in assault_carl.usx and is named ras_lightsaberAA.

Also, I'm not looking for a ported model to be used in Jedi Academy. This topic was all about collecting references, just in case somebody wants to do that lightsaber from scratch. I was more interested in a higher quality version. A remake to be precise.

If you manage to get better references than I provided, you can add them in this topic.