Jedi Academy turned 20 this year! We celebrated in a ton of different ways: mod contest, server event, podcast, etc. Thank you to all who have been a part of this game for the last two decades. Check out the anniversary content!

Read more

Welcome to JKHub

This community is dedicated to the games Star Wars: Jedi Outcast (2002) and Jedi Academy (2003). We host over 3,000 mods created by passionate fans around the world, and thousands of threads of people showcasing their works in progress and asking for assistance. From mods to art to troubleshooting help, we probably have it. If we don't, request or contribute!

Get started

This game turned 20 years old this year, and it is still one of the greatest Star Wars games of all time. If you're new or returning from a long hiatus, here are the basics of getting started with Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy in 2023.

Read more

Useful Game Mechanics info for Mapping

SephFF

I am trying to slowly compile over time useful information that may be helpful or unknown to mappers. All the information I am looking for is something JKA game mechanics related. As I continue to explore mechanics in the editor I'll add it to this post if you know anything, I would appreciate any help you have. Or if you know I am extremely wrong about something might be good to let me know. Other examples could be slope limits, entity limits, sniper range, vehicle sizes anything really. I searched the internet but was not able to find a good list of this sort of information about the game. Later on this info can be compiled for quick reference. Here are a few examples of what I mean, all of these I tested in game: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

rnJQAO3.png

I might need to upload this into a tutorial map or something..... BUT its interesting to see what you can work with in terms of slopes. I think what grabed my attention the most is the fact that a tauntaun can travel on a slope the player can not.... Might make for an interesting map design. The swoop is pretty limited in terms of slopes in boost speeds.

Reepray likes this

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I know you're putting a lot of work into nailing these mechanics! keep it up! I've been at this for ever and I have to agree there has always been a lack on some of the more basic but vital information. 

rnJQAO3.png

I might need to upload this into a tutorial map or something..... BUT its interesting to see what you can work with in terms of slopes. I think what grabed my attention the most is the fact that a tauntaun can travel on a slope the player can not.... Might make for an interesting map design. The swoop is pretty limited in terms of slopes in boost speeds.

So Tauntauns can climbs an high inclinated slope? pretty cool!

Yes, can be cool if someone do some wall climber vehicle and there is some map set like "climb the mountain for reach the base" :D

On 8/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, Asgarath83 said:

So Tauntauns can climbs an high inclinated slope? pretty cool!

Yes, can be cool if someone do some wall climber vehicle and there is some map set like "climb the mountain for reach the base" 😄

this actually gave me a cool idea for a ctf/tffa map lol

Asgarath83 likes this

Good Luck Seph. i wanna see, what you will do with it. 🙂

Really, JKA official levels use only the 1% of potentiality of engine. :\