Giant NPCs

How do I make a giant NPC that I can playermodel swap to and the camera follows them normally. This works okay for Darth Vader, and Desann, but I made a giant robot, and wanted to be able to control him like a normal playermodel.

The scale is 500, height is 320, Width is 80. I am using NPCtool

Are you asking how to fix the camera so you can actually see properly when using large NPCs? It’s not something you can fix via the NPC itself, you would have to use the camera commands like cg_thirdpersonrange and cg_thirdpersonvertoffset. You could make a cfg and put those in there along with the playermodel command to automate it into one command.

Or just use @therfiles’ handy CamSP mod to do those in a nifty menu.

bigphil2695 likes this
2 hours ago, Circa said:

Are you asking how to fix the camera so you can actually see properly when using large NPCs? It’s not something you can fix via the NPC itself, you would have to use the camera commands like cg_thirdpersonrange and cg_thirdpersonvertoffset. You could make a cfg and put those in there along with the playermodel command to automate it into one command.

Or just use @therfiles’ handy CamSP mod to do those in a nifty menu.

Beautiful. Thank you

I wanted to play as a giant robot the size of the Mutant Rancor. Now I can use it properly