Razor Crest Map WIP

On 11/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, Plague-Angel said:

Thank you Noodle.

I will be doing some of the interior yes. I've had to make it around a third larger than the one in the series to enable you to move around in it. 

I know Mando uses a ladder of sorts to get to the upper deck but I may need to put a lift in instead as it'll be very tight

Or just (force) jumpable?

I think you already won the contest hahaha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 3:50 AM, BlindDaThief said:

Or just (force) jumpable?

I think you already won the contest hahaha

Not force jumpable no, I've used an invisible lift (func_plat) to get you up there.

Thanks but I think I'm far to late to enter that contest!! 

On 10/02/2021 at 4:12 PM, mjt said:

This must not become abandoned! Beautiful use of Radiant 🙂 Also of blending shaderlights and probably switchable styled lights seems superb :)-

I haven't given up on this I promise! Just had a lot on at home mapping my house in the real world with mdf, plywood, plaster board and decorators ""caulk" will get back on this over the weekend:-) 

DarthValeria, mjt, Cor and 2 others like this
9 minutes ago, Plague-Angel said:

Not force jumpable no, I've used an invisible lift (func_plat) to get you up there.

Thanks but I think I'm far to late to enter that contest!! 

I haven't given up on this I promise! Just had a lot on at home mapping my house in the real world with mdf, plywood, plaster board and decorators ""caulk" will get back on this over the weekend:-) 

It lives!

Sounds like you have been derailed by real life building, much like me.

I'm still working on my project as well, finally started getting some time to spend on it.  

Can't wait to see your project!

DarthValeria and BlindDaThief like this
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates, not really had much time to devote to Mando's ill fated vessel of late but hopefully I'll have a bit more time now.

Been working on the landing bay to house it. It's not meant to be bay 3-5 or any specific location just more of a generic Tatooine setting.

Still needs a fair bit of work and detailing but the main structure is done 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

Few little updates to the map. mostly just improving the textures and adding details and models to the main bay area. Ignore the landing lights under the crest, was just playing with them 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@mjt Been meaning to respond to your detailed and helpful post in the other thread (I still will soon).. by -patchmeta I assume you mean the switch in q3map? whenever I use that all patches become very angular. I'm quite the noob when it comes to the more technical side of mapping so forgive me if some of what you say goes over my head! For some reason I was using the MBII launcher which I had confused with openJ which is where I was getting the problems with the meshes at distance, I'm using Open now with the curveerror set to a higher number which as you can see has really improved the curves. Be interested to know how to force it on the end users game so they wouldn't have to change their settings etc but I'll ask that properly in the other thread 🙂

I always get light leaks when I'm first making a map as I usually just throw in a rough structure and a hollow shanky sky box around it 😛

• 1 month later...