Modding force jump and force push

Hey guys,

I know this is a mod request and this will not probably belong in this thread, however, I haven't posted enough times to start a mod request yet as I don't usually log in here often. So maybe this is something everybody knows (or have asked a million times), or maybe not, no idea, but I really need to know a way to modify the jump height and the force push to be extremely powerful.

When I was like 10/11 I was playing MP when I joined a server in which somebody  had modified the force jump to be way higher than the forcejump 3 from the vanilla code and his force push would literally send me to the other end of the map (it wasn't the G_gravity script, that's for sure, the player would fall with the standard gravity). I know this has to be possible somehow (this happened to me circa 2006/7), yet I haven't found the way to modify it myself. Is there a way to make this possible by editing the .pk3 files or is there any code to change?

If somebody knows, please let me know, I would be very grateful if somebody provided some information to me. Thanks a lot!

That would involve editing the code itself, so not just a matter of editing PK3 files. I don't think I've played a mod that does what you say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Lugormod or Makermod or something alone those lines. They had some pretty wacky things like that IIRC. Maybe someone else knows more.

Thanks for the quick answer buddy! I guessed so, but I just needed to know.

I almost have no knowledge of development, let alone modding, although it would be cool to see a mod that allows you to jump that high and force push to the other end of the map.

Hopefully one day someone will develop that mod.

20 hours ago, Devil_hunter96 said:

I truly appreciate it!

you need that on SP, or MP? i know only SP coding.

Force Push: that's easy. is possible do that without much trouble without coding... i seen that on force unleashed mod.

1 create an notepad file and save as "save all" as *.CFG format. name it autoexec.CFG 

2 slap it on the PK3 of your mod folder, or inside a mod folder that work with a batch file, or into base, if you want that affect globally the game.

inside CFG file wrote that line:

seta g_knockback             "4000"

3 save and enjoy,

Super Force Jump: sorry bro, that REQUIRE coding. >.< cause all functions of JKA related to force powers and weapons are f****ing hardcoded and missing a lib like SAB files for customize or add new weapons and force power ... damn, why raven not did  a damned LIB also for weapons and force powers? so frustrating... -.-

3 minutes ago, Asgarath83 said:

you need that on SP, or MP? i know only SP coding.

Force Push: that's easy. is possible do that without much trouble without coding... i seen that on force unleashed mod.

1 create an notepad file and save as "save all" as *.CFG format. name it autoexec.CFG 

2 slap it on the PK3 of your mod folder, or inside a mod folder that work with a batch file, or into base, if you want that affect globally the game.

inside CFG file wrote that line:

seta g_knockback             "4000"

3 save and enjoy,

Super Force Jump: sorry bro, that REQUIRE coding. >.< cause all functions of JKA related to force powers and weapons are f****ing hardcoded and missing a lib like SAB files for customize or add new weapons and force power ... damn, why raven not did  a damned LIB also for weapons and force powers? so frustrating... -.-

Thanks for the advice bro, appreciate it!

I am mostly looking to apply this on SP as I play on Galactic Legacy /KOTF 2.1, but what you told me about the force push is cool, I will try that.

As to the force jump, I know that feel, I'd love to be able to edit that, but I've got no knowledge of coding whatsoever, hopefully we'll be able to edit things like that in a not so distant future.

9 minutes ago, Devil_hunter96 said:

Thanks for the advice bro, appreciate it!

I am mostly looking to apply this on SP as I play on Galactic Legacy /KOTF 2.1, but what you told me about the force push is cool, I will try that.

As to the force jump, I know that feel, I'd love to be able to edit that, but I've got no knowledge of coding whatsoever, hopefully we'll be able to edit things like that in a not so distant future.

You need openjk, visual studio and you need to learn at least how to build your solution and your EXE and DLL files.

however, is not much difficult. on SP should be just a little change of setting into fhe forcejump functions, i guess is indicated the amount of levitation of a force power. should be a vector i guess, that move player into the Z axis for a lot of second and a lot of map units. a little change of these parameters should affect jump intensity.

ps: force powers and sabers are coded inside WP_saber.cpp ?

Found! Edit these values:

float forceJumpStrength[NUM_FORCE_POWER_LEVELS] =
{
    JUMP_VELOCITY,//normal jump
};
	float forceJumpHeight[NUM_FORCE_POWER_LEVELS] =
{
    32,//normal jump (+stepheight+crouchdiff = 66)
    96,//(+stepheight+crouchdiff = 130)
    192,//(+stepheight+crouchdiff = 226)
    384//(+stepheight+crouchdiff = 418)
};

and you should okay. WP_saber.cpp

follow tutorials of eezstreet for build your own solution with openjk, you need openjk and cmake.

also that:

{
};
	float forceJumpHeightMax[NUM_FORCE_POWER_LEVELS] =
{
    66,//normal jump (32+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 74)
    130,//(96+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 138)
    226,//(192+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 234)
    418//(384+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 426)
}; 

Edited by Circa
Devil_hunter96 likes this
On 11/30/2020 at 12:40 PM, Asgarath83 said:

also that:

[code ]
{
};

float forceJumpHeightMax[NUM_FORCE_POWER_LEVELS] =
{
    66,//normal jump (32+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 74)
    130,//(96+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 138)
    226,//(192+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 234)
    418//(384+stepheight(18)+crouchdiff(24) = 426)
}; [/code]

Hey bro,

Again, thanks for the help, just wanted to provide a little update on what I've been doing so far. And I'm afraid my lack of scripting and modding knowledge is more evident than ever xD I tried to do the force push cfg file as you suggested to no avail, it won't work.

Apart from that, I couldn't find the WP_saber.cpp file you told me about, so I couldn't do anything else for the force jump. Anyway, I will keep trying, if any of you wants to give it a try as well and take all the credit whatsoever, be my guest hahahaha.

Stay safe everyone!

To clarify, @Asgarath83 is talking about editing the code directly, not simply putting values into an cfg file. You need to fork OpenJK or whatever mod you are going to be using, assuming it’s open source, and edit what he references above.

If you have no prior knowledge of this, it’s probably best to learn basics of how programming works first.

Devil_hunter96 and Asgarath83 like this
2 minutes ago, Asgarath83 said:

You need basic C-C++ knowledge. depending if you want to work into MultiPlayer or Single Player,

See? Even more apparent my lack of programming skills xD 

Anyway, I've started to download all the things I need to give it a try myself. Apart from already having a couple courses of C and C++ from some online platforms.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Circa likes this