Fixing Alora cinematic

As some of you may know, due to a mistake or oversight, Alora's regular model got unused in the final game. Instead, her model with Hoth gear is used throughout the game.

To fix her appearance on Taspir III is quite simple. However, I don't know how to edit her appearance at the beginning of the game, during the in-game cinematic where she infiltrates Luke's Jedi Academy. I'm not familiar with editing cinematics and respective scripts. Can anyone point me in the right direction? What do I need to edit and how?

I think you can check the name of the current map using the console command "mapname". You then know what BSP to check (open it with a hex editor) to find out the Alora NPC they used. If it's the same one as on Hoth, you'll need to modify the map to use a different one. You can either edit the BSP's entities, which is somewhat tricky but there should be tutorials, or you can decompile the map's scripts (there's a tool called DevaheB for this), and adjust them to change Alora's player model that way.

On 11/27/2020 at 11:28 AM, LusoJedi said:

As some of you may know, due to a mistake or oversight, Alora's regular model got unused in the final game. Instead, her model with Hoth gear is used throughout the game.

To fix her appearance on Taspir III is quite simple. However, I don't know how to edit her appearance at the beginning of the game, during the in-game cinematic where she infiltrates Luke's Jedi Academy. I'm not familiar with editing cinematics and respective scripts. Can anyone point me in the right direction? What do I need to edit and how?

Dehaved allow to decompile scripts or edit i guess.

Why not use a SET_SKIN script that set alora skins for match your needs? not know if is possible

On 12/3/2020 at 10:14 PM, Asgarath83 said:

Dehaved allow to decompile scripts or edit i guess.

Why not use a SET_SKIN script that set alora skins for match your needs? not know if is possible

That actually might be the best option. I'll do a bit of research and try it.

Thanks everyone.

NumberWan likes this