The Mandalorian Mod Contest

Circa

spacer.png

Modding is a complicated profession. I don't like doing contests this close together, but this one was requested a lot too and it's probably best to start it now while the show is airing and hype is strongest. You'll have more time than ever to work on this contest, so I better see a ton of participants! :child:

The hit new Star Wars television series, The Mandalorian, has taken the world by storm in popularity and as Star Wars fans here at JKHub, naturally taken us as well. As usual, new official Star Wars content comes out and the modders race to adapt characters, locations, and weapons into our favorite games Jedi Outcast and Academy. Though activity is undoubtedly at an all time low this year around here, that doesn't mean people aren't hard at work on their various projects. There have already been a handful of cool Mando-related mods made after last year's debut of the show.

This contest is just like the others. Create your own mods for either JK2 or JKA that have something to do with The Mandalorian, any season. It can be maps, models, skins, animations, mini-mods, etc. If it goes in our Files section, it can be submitted. That also means no ported content allowed, of course. Here are the rules in bullet form, as per tradition.

Rules:

• All submissions must be related the The Mandalorian series.
  • You can only enter your own creations.
  • You may team up with another modder.
  • Any external content you did not make must be explicitly referenced in the description and readme file.
  • You may enter more than one file.
  • You may enter files that were created previous to this contest, as long as they abide by the rules.
  • Any content is welcome, including skins, models, maps, weapons, menu mods, etc. Just make sure it abides by the rules.
  • Files can be for Jedi Academy and/or Jedi Outcast. We will assume files are for JKA unless specified otherwise.
  • If a large number of mods are submitted, more than one winner may be chosen.
  • The deadline for submitting content is February 1, 2021, after which a poll will be opened.
  • The poll will be closed by the morning of February 6, 2021.

Awards
We are still waiting on a few things to have the awards system built into the forum software. I don't expect it to be there even by the time this contest is done, and I really apologize for that. I will do what I can to maybe come up with some temporary alternative in the meantime. I think having a badge on your profile for contest winners would be really cool, and I'm sure y'all would agree. Once it's implemented though, all previous contest winners will get their respective award, so don't worry.

How do I submit my mod?
Our goal is to make it as simple as possible for everyone involved. The way you submit your file for this contest is to upload them as normal files in our file section, but using the category called Contest Entries.

Click the button below, and submit your mod as you normally would. The category should be set to The Mandalorian Contest already. If you don't enter it there, your file won't be entered until you do. If you realize that you didn't do that, PM a staff member and we can change it for you. Good luck and happy hunting! :mando:

SUBMIT TO THE MANDALORIAN CONTEST

VOTE FOR THE BEST MOD | See all entries

WINNER: Din Djarin by Doughnuts

spacer.png

View full article

{JoF} Atlas, OCD2 and redsaurus like this

The Mandalorian.... "Any content is welcome, including skins, models, maps, weapons, menu mods, etc. "... OH... MY... GOOD...

Expectations:

- The Razor Crest (map and vehicle)

- Nevarro maps: city ffa and imperial laboratory siege

- Krayt Dragon Cave

- Krykna (NPC 3 sizes - mother - warrior - baby)

- Moff Gideon

- Baby Yoda and Hovering Pram (vehicle)

- Boba Fett

- Greef Carga

- Cara Dune

- Blurrg (vehicle)

- Whistling birds (weapon)

- Qin

- Tooka Cat-Dog (NPC)

- Ranzar "Ran" Malk

- Mudhorn (npc)

- Bo-Katan, Koska Reeves and Axe Woves

- Ahsoka Tano (live action model)

OCD2 likes this

I wish I had all the time in the world! But it is a deadline of February. Maybe I can relearn mapping in time! At the worst, I'll try for a good map. At best, I'll try for a mappack! I love to see so many people still interested in this community!!

On 11/27/2020 at 8:31 AM, Mandalorian said:

sad! well I have almost finished modelling the helmet in blender so I am of to a good start on Bo katan. maybe this link will work https://photos.app.goo.gl/d76DaQ2wPnZT6Xxz9

Great work so far!

OCD2 and Mandalorian like this
On 11/26/2020 at 3:05 AM, Midtaurus said:

The Mandalorian.... "Any content is welcome, including skins, models, maps, weapons, menu mods, etc. "... OH... MY... GOOD...

Expectations:

- The Razor Crest (map and vehicle)

- Nevarro maps: city ffa and imperial laboratory siege

- Krayt Dragon Cave

- Krykna (NPC 3 sizes - mother - warrior - baby)

- Moff Gideon

- Baby Yoda and Hovering Pram (vehicle)

- Boba Fett

- Greef Carga

- Cara Dune

- Blurrg (vehicle)

- Whistling birds (weapon)

- Qin

- Tooka Cat-Dog (NPC)

- Ranzar "Ran" Malk

- Mudhorn (npc)

- Bo-Katan, Koska Reeves and Axe Woves

- Ahsoka Tano (live action model)

Reality ... a map with 7 brushes, a reskin of a stormtrooper into a dark trooper, another reskin of a dark trooper into a dark trooper, another reskin, this time the dark trooper is bright pink and is called pink trooper, a Jan head frankensteined on boba fett model and reskinned so it may somewhere far away resemble bo-katan .....

Sorry couldnt resist ?

On 12/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, Lazarus said:

Reality ... a map with 7 brushes, a reskin of a stormtrooper into a dark trooper, another reskin of a dark trooper into a dark trooper, another reskin, this time the dark trooper is bright pink and is called pink trooper, a Jan head frankensteined on boba fett model and reskinned so it may somewhere far away resemble bo-katan .....

Sorry couldnt resist ?

I'll have at least 8 brushes in my map!

?

Lazarus likes this

I'm pretty sure my work isn't good enough for the contest, or even eligible, but I've just gotta show it with someone. I made a playermodel and weapon model that has a 1st person view. Holy Ferrick you have no idea how hard it was to do that (Still kinda figuring all this out), but I got it all done and wanted to post a screenie.

https://jkhub.org/images/1DjLQAw.png

https://jkhub.org/images/QJRmvhn.png

I feel really proud of this.

I don't plan on entering the contest with this unless you all really think I should.

OCD2 likes this
3 hours ago, RepJunkieJr said:

I'm pretty sure my work isn't good enough for the contest, or even eligible, but I've just gotta show it with someone. I made a playermodel and weapon model that has a 1st person view. Holy Ferrick you have no idea how hard it was to do that (Still kinda figuring all this out), but I got it all done and wanted to post a screenie.

https://jkhub.org/images/1DjLQAw.png

https://jkhub.org/images/QJRmvhn.png

I feel really proud of this.

I don't plan on entering the contest with this unless you all really think I should.

Looks great, what do you mean? Anything is welcome to be submitted as long as it adheres to our file submission rules. So unless that model is ported from another game, it should be just fine.

Jolly likes this