Feedback from my friend

1. Projectile speed It was apparent to me that the starting weapons in the game have a very low projectile speed. This makes it very hard to hit people and can often have long drawn out fights / duel when playing while I found this funny to begin with got a bit old after while. The only real way to kill someone more quickly is to have another player or get lucky (in my case maybe). I think to fix this if the projectile speed could be increased this would make easier to land shots. I am aware that this would however make long range shots easier and quite liked the close quarters fights. Therefore making the dmg drop off more at range would solve that issue.
2. Weapon effects Some guns in the game had other effects such as poison, burn, explosive. Would be nice to be able to know which guns had these effects before purchasing them. Therefore maybe adding icons in the traders indicating such would help e.g. burn icon for fire weapons etc
3. Jetpack Jet pack to me seemed a little over powered it gave players a lot of velocity and potential to change the way the maps are played. I think the high velocity paired with earlier point regarding projectile speed makes it extremely difficult to hit someone with a jetpack when they are moving and also knowing where they went. Players without one are therefore at extreme disadvantage. While i like the idea of jetpack I think changing it to maybe act more like a double jump and/or causing you to fall slower. Would still give the ability to flank better but also make the person targetable when using the ability.
4. CTF Map
The map we played with multiple people for ctf I loved the art style and feel but found it hard to attack the flag when there was a choke hold in middle of map that all players had to pass between. It was only really possible to capture the flag in early game due to weapons being hard to get kills (due to proj speed) and late game when most player had jet packs. I think a few more routes to flank would help with that

Sorry about the background color, I just copy pasted from discord and it appeared and idk how to get rid of it.
Smoo and HUM-3154 like this

1. So it depends on which starting weapon you use, the free one is slow on purpose because its supposed to be a sorta crappy.  Other pistols are much quicker and have faster projectile speeds though, for example the Q2.  Fights also tend to go a lot quicker the more people playing, so the initial pistol dueling phase tends to end a lot quicker when playing with larger groups of people.  Many of the pistols actually have limited range just fyi.

2. Yeah I like that, I'm not sure if the engine will currently support icons with how we have the ui setup at the moment, but if not we could at least have text description.

3. Agreed the z-6 jetpack is overpowered, I'm working on getting some more counters to the jetpack.  For example, making armor slow down speed/drain fuel faster, electrical weapons cancelling out jetpacks, etc.  I don't think we'll go with the jump option though.  Did you try the burst jetpacks?  They work quite differently from the normal ones.

4. Unfortunately (See Silverfang's answer below) the default map is part of the original game so we can't change it up much, that said it'd be cool to see an expanded bespin map with more routes.

Awec likes this

JKG Developer

• 2 weeks later...

This feedback is really appreciated, I noted that there's actually quite a lot of disparity between various weapon projectile speeds. Some rifles actually have faster projectiles than sniper rifles. I'll definitely be going over this. I know that ping unfortunately greatly affects how easy it is to hit with projectiles, but I agree that pistols could probably have a bit faster speed. With there being a recent addition to the mod, we now have the ability to make it so that beyond a weapon's maximum range it doesn't disappear outright, but rather deals less damage beyond that range. I may nerf some pistol ranges (for example, the Q2 already has very short range) and in turn increase projectile speed, making them easier to use in close quarters but nerfing their ability to be effective much beyond that.

I would think we should be able to include some sort of icons of damage types on the UI, or at the very least add this to item description, this is a really good idea.

I have been discussing jetpack behavior with Futuza recently, I think the lack of inertia is making jetpacks feel very strong with no drawbacks at all. As Futuza mentioned there will be more counters to them in future patches.

We do actually have source for the Bespin CTF map, I had originally modified it only to expand the base areas to act as safe spawns and have a vendor, but potentially more routes could be added.

Futuza likes this