Ruxith's Repository

About time I joined the bandwagon of topics where we post all our fancy mods, now that I've delved back into my Jedi Academy folders; a hole I didn't want to return to as it's a huge mess of files accumulated over the years ?

Anything shared to download in this topic will be either what I've created over the years, or any ported models / "unreleased" files I have found from other creators, which I feel might be better shared than kept to myself (of course if I am asked to delete anything by them then I will be happy to do so for respect of them). Anything created by me will be dealt with as if it were an uploaded release on the Hub, with credits, promo pictures etc. If anyone gets missed in the credits please drop me a PM and I will add you to the files, I never want to claim anything is done by me that isn't. 

All releases posted will be added to this post (the first one), and also provide a link to a folder containing everything released up to date once set up. Some files may be updated once released, and I'd love to collaborate with improving anything which gets posted/projects you may be working on! :vader:

It's worth noting that I don't expect people to ask permission to use or modify any of my creations, but please include me in your credits, be respectful to the original authors.

Released files:

Spoiler

7lCL7Hv.jpgvUVtZ17.jpgjLKu6Oy.jpg54ZimxT.jpg3ewUqCu.jpguIHawbA.jpg

Prequesite files:

Species MENUS.str file

You can only have one MENUS.str files in your folder, otherwise they will conflict causing other custom PK3 files with skins that contain customization for the species menu to have a blank title when choosing their species selection. I will include all of the released skin's MENUS.str into one file which will be updated as and when new skins are posted.

Jeff, OCD2, Aldro Koon and 7 others like this

BKKj3Eh.jpg

Let's start things off with the Nautolan species skinpack I released the other day. Here we have the infamous Kit Fisto, with some skin variants - a sith version, a reskin by Omicron and an RGB version. Sounds, custom icons and shaders are included.

The weights aren't perfect, unfortunately I haven't put any time into fixing them yet, but they work for now.

Download:

Spoiler

7lCL7Hv.jpg

Icons:

UzMnGnj.jpg

DarthValeria, Omicron, Jeff and 8 others like this

Glad you're liking the action figure promo picture! I based it off of the physical star wars action figure packaging when I designed it a few years ago, had the intention to do all of this back then just got burnt out ? I'll probably tweak it slightly so the player model is bigger.. use my "artistic license" to adapt it to suit this purpose more!

Gonna post some of my released skins then show you the next one i'll be working on finishing up. Anyone remember this teaser?

LfMZk1N.png

ZelZel, Omega, DarthValeria and 4 others like this

(Yes this has already been released, but I just wanted to put everything I've made into one place. once i've posted the released ones i'll start showing somw work in progress and release some of my old ones!)

mHeApLr.png

Now for Athena's reskin of Milamber's Chaosknight. This was a personal skin for a member of |EFF|, an adaptation to Milamber's model with tribal patterns and glowing eyes... All the good stuff! When the JKGalaxies files were made publicly available and Pande made a topic about it, I had a look through them and found some cool looking female heads. We were initially going to go with a hair piece from it too, but it was very fiddly when it came to weighting and the appearance in-game with what's achievable via shaders, so Milamber worked with us and re-vamped the jedi_hf hairstyle to give a better looking ponytail and put it onto the JKG head.The three of us were always a good team! (just not on GTA, Mil sucks ?)

Any issues with the ponytail are unavoidable due to the transparency, it's as good as it's going to get with shaders. Besides that there shouldn't be any issues with the skin, apart from it being 20mb for one option with team skins lol.. I might reduce the quality at some point to lower the filesize.

Spoiler

iltj962.jpg

scc0If5.jpg

4lPzFSn.jpg

Download:

Spoiler

vUVtZ17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Remember this guy?

Spoiler

zcqepXf.png

I know it's bad, it has floating objects, it has gaps, he's standing on his feet weirdly.. but it's exciting for me to think it was a model I couldn't get to export years ago, and this time around it worked first time ?

This model acted as practise for me back then with weighing a model, and now that I know I can export it and see how it functions in-game, I'm going to try and go back and re-weigh it again to fix these issues!

Darth Talon's still coming too, will show progress once i've finished up the stage i'm currently at so I have something to show!

Jeff, OCD2, Omega and 4 others like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Darth Talon v2 release

4U8mOlm.jpg

So this took a lot longer than I thought it would to finish where I started.. maybe that's why I never finished it last time 🤣 but 6 years later here we are! Hope you guys like it. There will likely be some bugs, I'd be more than happy to try and fix any you find, or if you want to fix them I can re-release it and credit you for anything you do to help!

EDIT: I realized after that compressing the images to save file space causes an error in modview. If you wish to view the skin in modview then replace the images with those in this file. It will double the overall filesize, but will fix the "JPEG read error: Requested feature was omitted at compile time" error when loading in ModView. Either way it will work fine in-game, but I have been told MovieBattles may not like compressed images either, so the fix is here for those that want it.

Download:

Spoiler

54ZimxT.jpg

If you still want to use version 1 of Darth Talon, download using the link below. They will conflict with each other so you won't be able to use both at the same time. Choose wisely!

g9s1t0t.jpg

Download:

Spoiler

jLKu6Oy.jpg

Omicron, OCD2, Jeff and 1 other like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Next project I've been working on is a clone wars inspired Mace Windu and Obi Wan Kenobi. I haven't stayed true to the comics tv show, but have kept to the JKA style with the same robes, but added armour pieces to them. Have used Hapslash's Obi Wan head, and Mace Windu from an external game model's port.

qy8OSlx.jpg

Reference pictures:

Spoiler

IMx5t2G.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, Ruxith said:

Darth Talon v2 release

4U8mOlm.jpg

So this took a lot longer than I thought it would to finish where I started.. maybe that's why I never finished it last time 🤣 but 6 years later here we are! Hope you guys like it. There will likely be some bugs, I'd be more than happy to try and fix any you find, or if you want to fix them I can re-release it and credit you for anything you do to help!

EDIT: I realized after that compressing the images to save file space causes an error in modview. If you wish to view the skin in modview then replace the images with those in this file. It will double the overall filesize, but will fix the "JPEG read error: Requested feature was omitted at compile time" error when loading in ModView. Either way it will work fine in-game, but I have been told MovieBattles may not like compressed images either, so the fix is here for those that want it.

Download:

Hide contents

54ZimxT.jpg

If you still want to use version 1 of Darth Talon, download using the link below. They will conflict with each other so you won't be able to use both at the same time. Choose wisely!

g9s1t0t.jpg

Download:

Reveal hidden contents

jLKu6Oy.jpg

Hey i got a problem, everytime i try to join a server in mp my game crashes with a failure to compile message when i use the talon v2 model, and i know i didnt have v1 installed. any chance you know how to fix it?

On 6/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, disneyaintcanon13 said:

Hey i got a problem, everytime i try to join a server in mp my game crashes with a failure to compile message when i use the talon v2 model, and i know i didnt have v1 installed. any chance you know how to fix it?

Download the fix I posted in the "Edit" part of my post. I tried to be sneaky reducing image's file sizes but the game doesn't like it.

20 hours ago, Circa said:

Downloads fine for me. Must be an issue on your end. Probably Adblock not playing nice with it. Try this:

https://icedrive.net/0/a8r1Mq2pCj

thank you so much, i appreciate it

just did some gameplay with the talon mod and it actually does and looks pretty well now. the only thing that is still an issue is that it tends to crash if you use the custom option. still, better than it not working at all. 

furthermore, it also crashes when i try to use it with japlus. however, if i just select the model from the avatar selection in the base game instead of using the custom, it works fine. 

DarthValeria likes this
  • 2 months later...