Walking on walls - Is that possible?

This reminds me of the gravity boots mod somebody made for Crysis, which worked like magnetic boots. As far as I know, it's not the map that needs to be modified, but the gameplay mechanic itself. Modifying Jedi Academy to allow the player to walk on walls could be tricky, but it would be interesting to see.

• Lancelot changed the title to Walking on walls - Is that possible?
10 hours ago, mrwonko said:

No, Jedi Academy doesn't support localised gravity changes. But as a fan of Prey I've also thought that this would be a cool new feature to mod in some day, just like the portals in Prey. Maybe I'll get around to it in a decade or two.

It does support "personal" gravity (in singleplayer), that is an NPC can have g_gravity 100 and you can have 8000 at the same time, but it's always directed downward - no walking on ceilings or walls. But at least in SP it can be partially emulated by simply rotating the player entity accordingly and basically "blocking" the player on paths.

In MP, it's impossible to achieve without coding. The closest thing is Force running on walls, but gravity still pulls you down, not toward the wall.

mrwonko likes this