My map crashes the game...

Since I've made some modifications on my map, and compiled it, I cannot test it. I start the game then I write into the console: devmap mp/my_map_name. It shows that picture with the 3 jedis on it, and then the game crashes. I have tons of other maps, everyone of them working well, but this one doesn't anymore :S. I tried to give an other name to it, and compile that one, with the very same result. I tried to run it on my homemade server, so I might see some error messages, but after I wrote in my map's name, it crush (right after it spawned in the first bot). I tried some of the plugins, but I found nothing. So can anyone help me?

(The modifications I made were the followings (as I remember):

- did some after caulking (I know it's bad, but when I started this I didn't really use caulk...)

- removed a big func_door (it was kind of a TV, but I wasn't sure where did I get that shader, so I removed it, and anyway it wasn't working nice and ate lot of FPS)

- detailed some brush

- removed a "room" full of with npcs

- added 2 new npcs

- added spawning script for npcs (just for animation, I haven't used script in this map before)

- maybe I added one more aeraportal, I'm not sure in this one

Only thing that sounds suspicious from that list is the script, maybe you could post it. If nothing else helps you can always bisect the map - remove one half, see if the error persists, if not, remove the other - repeat until you've narrowed it down enough.

When you say, "the game crashes", what do you mean? It just closes? freezes? Gives you an error message?

My cursor shows up, then nothing happens, so I press ctrl+alt+del and I see the program stopped message.

@@mrwonko as I wrote that thing I started to be suspicous on that as well so I gonna try remove that.

yes it was the script, I removed all 4 npcs, it works now.

Here's another question: How many effect files can the game handle in one area? In this very same map I have place where are lot of fxrunner taken places, but only some of them shows up, now I deleted some, and other started to show up, but not all of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's another question: How many effect files can the game handle in one area? In this very same map I have place where are lot of fxrunner taken places, but only some of them shows up, now I deleted some, and other started to show up, but not all of them.

Your problem with that is probably that your effect runners have a delay that's too fast, making many particles show up at once. The normal delay that most JKA maps use is 200 milliseconds, if yours have delays under 200, try increasing them.

OKay here is the full issue:

13 fire effect (fire_wall) default delay (as far as I know everyone of them appear)

1000 units away

8 huge lightning all of them targeted with a delay 3000 as I remember now 2 lightning show up and 1 of them shows up sometimes, but that one has that small explosion effect when the lightning hits it target...