Porting Projects

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

19 minutes ago, DarthValeria said:

friend, i can't find the download, give me a site that allows me to download it

12 hours ago, Lord Of Hate said:

You are doing God's work here, buddy.

And what about the original game designers? In fact, it's their "God's work", because they are the reason why these models exist in the first place. Porting models is nothing compared to actually creating them. To put it into perspective: Would you tell someone who has printed a picture made by someone else that he is a great artist?

I'm sorry to be the smartass here, but it had to be said. We should all remember that creative minds have spent hours to create just one of the models displayed here. And that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Jolly, HUM-3154, ChalklYne and 1 other like this
34 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

E per quanto riguarda i game designer originali? In effetti, è la loro "opera di Dio", perché sono il motivo per cui questi modelli esistono in primo luogo. Il porting dei modelli non è niente in confronto alla loro effettiva creazione. Per metterlo in prospettiva: diresti a qualcuno che ha stampato un'immagine fatta da qualcun altro che è un grande artista?

Mi dispiace essere il furbo qui, ma doveva essere detto. Dobbiamo tutti ricordare che le menti creative hanno speso ore per creare solo uno dei modelli visualizzati qui. E questo non dovrebbe essere dato per scontato.

Yes, man, you are absolutely right. actually my work is only the result of their work, of the Game Designers, I am nobody to say that I am the talented here. the credit goes to the experienced modelers, I'm just an amateur. I just have the ability to "ported into the other dimension" and exceed my expectations.

15 hours ago, Lord Of Hate said:

You are doing God's work here, buddy.

2 hours ago, UM-3154 said:

the comment of the colleague @ Lord Of Hate is attributed to the fact that they are ported in good condition, it has nothing to do with the "creation" of the models, but in the ability to know them "ported" correctly, at least I take the compliment in this sense colleague

sorry for my English

Pretty sure Lord of Hate was referring to the fact that UM-3154 is porting these models, rather than saying he made them.

The title of the thread says "porting" projects, I doubt anyone is gonna mistakenly assume UM-3154 modeled them.

BlindDaThief, Jeff, Ramikad and 1 other like this
4 hours ago, Lancelot said:

And what about the original game designers? In fact, it's their "God's work", because they are the reason why these models exist in the first place. Porting models is nothing compared to actually creating them. To put it into perspective: Would you tell someone who has printed a picture made by someone else that he is a great artist?

I'm sorry to be the smartass here, but it had to be said. We should all remember that creative minds have spent hours to create just one of the models displayed here. And that shouldn't be taken for granted.

I really don't think it "had to be said", considering what you said is common knowledge, but being able to port a model, considering much of JKHub can't accomplish even that (these days majority of them are retired, left JKHub behind, or just can't be assed), and the fact he did it as fast as he did, is impressive.

I've never once came out and said that porting is more impressive then modeling, but I am going to express gratitude when models that I want are ported, or even models that I don't want. I'm much more impressed when stuff that doesn't look half as good as this is modeled, btw.

I'm mainly impressed because he's managed to make playable models that have too many verts or such, and made them playable, models I've literally seen people point out as "impossible", he has literally done in this thread. The novelty of having Marvel characters also helps with the increasing popularity of this game. Think about how popular G-Mod is, Jedi Academy is near that level of customizability, but due to lack of models it can never reach that height.

Jedi Academy, due to it's far superior combat mechanics using guns, lightsabers, swords, melee weapons, had and may still have the possibility to surpass G-Mod as THE game to mess around in. I literally haven't PLAYED Jedi Academy for over a year, I legitimately get on just to watch bots and NPC's fight, it's entertaining, and Jedi Academy is one of the only places where the combat mechanics are good and can be customized and modded like crazy.

GTA? Crappy combat, can be heavily modded. Skyrim? Can be modded heavily, crappy combat. G-Mod? Can be modded heavily, crappy combat. Left 4 Dead 2? Can be modded heavily, good combat but you're restricted to fighting hordes of monsters/zombies no matter how much you mod it. Battlefront II, Fallout NV, etc etc etc, etc, etc, etc. None of these can give you the satisfaction of simply screwing around AND being fun to play and engage in at any moment. The blocking, the dodging, the endless models, sounds, the hits, different stances, it's insane, and it's awesome!

kibasennin, HUM-3154 and z3filus like this
1 hour ago, Lord Of Hate said:

I legitimately get on just to watch bots and NPC's fight, it's entertaining, and Jedi Academy is one of the only places where the combat mechanics are good and can be customized and modded like crazy.

That's me half the time ? The fights in Jedi Academy are just realistic, so when the NPCs fight each other, it really looks like a hardcore fight from the Original Trilogy.

HUM-3154, Jeff and BlindDaThief like this
2 hours ago, kibasennin said:

That's me half the time ? The fights in Jedi Academy are just realistic, so when the NPCs fight each other, it really looks like a hardcore fight from the Original Trilogy.

Exactly.

Those who ponder star wars match-ups, or pretty much any match-up between people with swords don't need to look any further then Jedi Academy.

HUM-3154 and Jeff like this
Spoiler

DAVY JONES :

HKMmvWl.png

0vyhB1P.png

drLwVrQ.png

• Davy Jones

the model is ported whole, I drastically reduced the verts to make it work in game, at the moment I'm fixing some parts out of place and above all the shaders present throughout the body!

• Davy Jones (Pirates Of The Caribbean)

Download Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n8jgk718tfeovp/DavyJones.pk3?dl=0

rjCykba.png

Spoiler

ANAKIN SKYWALKER :

Px2XChK.png

ZjySono.png

Z6h2xva.png

pxjSUYs.png

i only ported the head and hair. the head is from "Battlefront 3", the hair from "TFU" ... I'm currently fixing the shaders!

Variants:

• Jedi
  • Robed
  • Hooded
  • Sith
  • Sith-Robed
  • Sith-Hooded
  • Sith-Mustafar
  • Anakin Skywalker "BF3" head ,"TFU" Hair !

Download Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/13jkxoyfdnslvqy/AnakinBF3.pk3?dl=0