Halloween Contest 2020

Circa

spacer.png

spacer.png

A classic returns
Okay, so I had high hopes that we'd get a contest in before October, but the main reason that didn't happen is because we are trying to implement small incentives into the forum software itself so that you can show off your contest awards more easily. That is on hold for now, so I figured we should just go ahead with the Halloween contest, since so many people love it and request it. The poll I posted a few weeks ago was enlightening, however, and those that are wanting those contests will still get them eventually! For now it's time to get spooky. ?

Y'all vote
Unlike our last contest, but like our previous ones, you will have the last week of the month to vote on your favorite submissions. This month works out perfectly where Halloween (and coincidentally the last day of the month) falls on a Saturday. If you're not familiar with our past contests, essentially how it works is you create a mod related to the established theme and everyone votes on their favorite. If you want to see our past Halloween contests, check out those from 2017 & 2016.

Rules:

• All submissions must be Halloween-themed (so scary, spooky, frightening, etc. ?‍♂️)
  • You can only enter your own creations.
  • You may enter more than one file.
  • Already existing files cannot be submitted. The goal is to encourage new creations!
  • Any content is welcome, including skins, models, maps, weapons, menu mods, etc. Just make sure it abides by the rules.
  • Files can be for Jedi Academy and/or Jedi Outcast. We will assume files are for JKA unless specified otherwise.
  • The deadline for submitting content is October 25, 2020, after which a poll will be opened.
  • The poll will be closed by the morning of October 31, 2020.

How do I submit my mod?
Our goal is to make it as simple as possible for everyone involved. The way you submit your file for this contest is to upload them as normal files in our file section, but using the category called Contest Entries.

Click the button below, and submit your mod as you normally would. The category should be set to Halloween 2020 already. If you don't enter it there, your file won't be entered until you do. If you realize that you didn't do that, PM a staff member and we can change it for you. Good luck and happy sp00ky season! ?

SUBMIT TO HALLOWEEN 2020

OCD2, z3filus, Ramikad and 6 others like this

Nice!

Hopefully ill have time to make a small map for Halloween.

If I was dabbling in modeling, I would make a pumpkin thermal detonator.   Maybe with a screaming/laughing effect when its thrown or when it explodes.

Looking forward to seeing the entries.

the_raven and Circa like this
2 hours ago, Darth Futuza said:

Curious if collaboration/group entries are allowed?

I’ll allow it as long as all parties involved are okay with it, approve of their work being used, and can handle sharing the glory of potential winning.

Futuza likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Rooxon said:

A shame, I forgot/didn't have time for the contest this year. I'll be joining the next one!

Same.

I had a partial build of a "Sith Cult" started, but the beginning of the month was a busy time and I did not make enough progress to submit.

It was a small duel map in a sort of Sith cult hideout,  complete with a throne room,  skulls to decorate the wall,  and what was either to be a trap or gimmick - the domed top of the building would open to the night sky and a beam of light/sfx would shine down onto an insignia in front of the throne.

But not enough time to complete or get to a reasonably polished state.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, fullkevlar said:

Same.

I had a partial build of a "Sith Cult" started, but the beginning of the month was a busy time and I did not make enough progress to submit.

It was a small duel map in a sort of Sith cult hideout,  complete with a throne room,  skulls to decorate the wall,  and what was either to be a trap or gimmick - the domed top of the building would open to the night sky and a beam of light/sfx would shine down onto an insignia in front of the throne.

But not enough time to complete or get to a reasonably polished state.

Would really love to see it completed and released anyway, that sounds really cool. Or save it for next year's contest!

We will also have more contests throughout the year you can submit that to. Next one will probably be Star Wars-only themed.

1 hour ago, Circa said:

Would really love to see it completed and released anyway, that sounds really cool. Or save it for next year's contest!

We will also have more contests throughout the year you can submit that to. Next one will probably be Star Wars-only themed.

Its not much to see, but here was the stopping point.

spacer.png   

spacer.png

I knew I did not have enough time to complete it so work was halted.   Next year, or after a few Mandalorian projects!

21 hours ago, Circa said:

Given that the mandalorian is starting this week, perhaps we could do a Mando themed contest? Also, maybe 2 months to work would be better for a deadline, given that even I was almost not able to submit my file at the deadline due to a lack of time to polish. 

OCD2 likes this
22 hours ago, Noodle said:

Given that the mandalorian is starting this week, perhaps we could do a Mando themed contest? Also, maybe 2 months to work would be better for a deadline, given that even I was almost not able to submit my file at the deadline due to a lack of time to polish. 

Yes.

I approve of a mando contest.  It would be great timing to have the contest running while the season is airing.   And to have a series of related content produced would be amazing.

I may or may not be bias, since I'm starting what I hope to be a series of mando themed maps leading to a mando map pack.

Was thinking that too. Two months would be good. I think the least amount of time we've had for a contest before was like 2 weeks. ? 

I would have preferred to start that one this month, but Halloween was requested a lot to me. Maybe we'll have better participation with a Mando one here soon.

OCD2 likes this
  • 1 month later...