upgRadiant

1 hour ago, SomaZ said:

What I really want to see is removing the stupid shaderlist.txt. Is there any good reason to have it?

Good point, I never liked it either. I think it's supposed to help detect shader conflicts, but honestly, it makes it worse because you never know there's a conflict from another shader. I had accepted it as a fact of life years ago. I'll add it to my todo list, although it'll be pretty close to the middle for now. Going to try migrating from GTK2 to GTK3 soon, that'll be a big job.

SomaZ likes this

After poking at things, I don't see a GTK3 migration being very likely any time soon, so I'm moving it to the very end of the todo list. GTK3 removed a lot of functions that Radiant used, and while there is a backward-compatible community tool I can use to get that functionality back, I don't think that tool will play nice with Radiant's old version of OpenGL. And I am not about to update OpenGL, since that would literally require a total rewrite of everything involving rendering - grid, camera, plugins, texture window......everything.

So for now, I will continue working on it as-is - GTK2 and OpenGL 1.1.

OCD2 and ooeJack like this
  • 3 weeks later...

Just so nobody gets worried/disappointed in the lack of updates, I am working on some features, but nothing is finished yet. Regardless, I am putting this project on a temporary hold due to work hours, and the fact that I need to finish up a few other things. If all goes well, I should be back at it in January.

In the meantime, if anyone else is interested in the code, it is all available here:

https://github.com/nab622/upgRadiant

OCD2 and ooeJack like this
  • 4 months later...

Just a small update. I am still not back to this yet - I have multiple other coding projects going on, so I'm a tad overwhelmed. The big problem is that my largest and most important project is taking place on another computer, and it is impossible to work on both that one and my personal computer. Worse still, the big project cannot wait, so I have to do it first.

I will get back to Radiant, I just need a few more months to sort out the boatloads of other stuff!

Psyk0Sith, Lazarus, ooeJack and 3 others like this