GTKRadiant Bugs

What are the most annoying bugs to you in GTKRadiant (1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and derivatives)? I'm on a bug fixing spree, and I'd like to keep the momentum rolling. Adding new features is mostly beyond my skills (Still very new to C!), but most bugs shouldn't be a problem.

Hit me with all your bugs!

With 1.5 (might also have been the case with 1.6.4, cant remember but I don't think it was...) --> 

Sometimes when i close surface editor (S) on keyboard, the tab wont come up again so I have to reboot radiant.
Even if i try selecting it from the top menu, its still the same shit there and it wont appear.

Also while saving with 1.5 a lot of brushes went missing sometimes on one .map file which is why I had to use 1.6.4 to begin with.
It's possible that my 1.5 is basically bugged or something as this was never the case on my old pc.

I've never heard that one before..... Interesting. I do know if the surface inspector is already open in the background, it's supposed to close the next time you press S, so maybe it's stuck in the background and not closing..? Very strange. Will definitely poke at that.

Aldro Koon likes this
On 7/20/2020 at 6:57 AM, Aldro Koon said:

Also while saving with 1.5 a lot of brushes went missing sometimes on one .map file which is why I had to use 1.6.4 to begin with.
It's possible that my 1.5 is basically bugged or something as this was never the case on my old pc.

I'm using 1.6.6 as a basis for this, so any bugs that aren't persistent from 1.5 to 1.6 are likely already fixed - but I will keep my eyes peeled!

Aldro Koon likes this